What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
OMG, same here. Your bumpers look great. Amazing the difference it makes, eh? I also like the look without the front plate, which technically IS a law here in Cali, but I see tons without and (most) cops have better things to do. But with my luck, I’d be the one unlucky bastard they cite for it

Hell with it, I’m leaving the plate and bracket in the trunk (aka boot) and have a bullshit excuse on tap!
Thanks - I'm really pleased.

Once I get the sticky off the side this week from where the bump strips were and then the mopping takes place it will be like having a new car again.

TMW

Finn

Reaction score

Well, I took the car out and went for a ride with my GF. We did 300 miles or so on twisty backroads just enjoying the ride and scenery.

While we were cruising I started to think that these make a wonderful grand touring car. Especially when you consider how affordable these are. :)

Miitesz.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score

Well, I took the car out and went for a ride with my GF. We did 300 miles or so on twisty backroads just enjoying the ride and scenery.

While we were cruising I started to think that these make a wonderful grand touring car. Especially when you consider how affordable these are. :)

View attachment 35007

You’re not wrong . They can handle great through the twistys get half decent milage and are affordable . Also comfortable for long drives

weendoggy

Reaction score
Drove mine to bkfst yesterday in pouring rain over Hwy 17 (check it out) and was comfortable even when it wanted to step out a bit (at 50mph) on a few turns. First rain in a month of dry mild temps makes that road dicey if you're not used to it. On the way home, two spinouts on the opposite side. Now I have to clean it, my shorts are fine. :cool:

weendoggy

Reaction score
Nice. We bought my sis-in-law a 2018 (Hertz rental) a few years ago and she loves it. Of course, it is better than her '02 Exploder after three transmissions, last being in my driveway, let go. Now just have to deal with the V6 water pump issue. Got an extended warranty good to 117k miles and if it doesn't go out by then, I'm replacing it myself. I did one on a Mazda CX9 (same engine) and it's not too bad, just patience and time. Yep, right into the oil pan!

waterpump_First_Frame.png

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Guy in our club has a 2003 Cobra. He just dropped it off to have the front bumper repainted. Said its gonna be between $800-900. Is that in line with what you paid? Looks very good.

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Our Mustang club went on our first run of the year. Had 44 cars signed up but due to weather reports I think 31 ended up going. About 70 people. About 300 mile round trip to the Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville, PA. I was there in 2017 but always wanted to go back. Very humbling if you have never been there. Weather was great while we were at the memorial but we take all back roads and make a few stops along the way so it was a 5 hour trip to get there. Only about 2.5 coming home as we were on our own for the return trip. We put the top up and down about 5x because it was sunny for 30 minutes then rain for 5 minutes all day. Car ran great. We were the only Roush there. No SN95's though. There was one Fox body (1993) and a few NE but the rest were all 2005 and newer. I'll try to post a few pics

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Guy in our club has a 2003 Cobra. He just dropped it off to have the front bumper repainted. Said it’s gonna be between $800-900. Is that in line with what you paid? Looks very good.
Yea that’s about what it costs these days I’m getting my hood and bumper painted should have them back this coming weekend

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
pulled the car out to warm it up and do some logs . Thing ran out of fuel in 2 mins lol . Safe to say the tunes probably fine on the last pull I did and it was just low on fuel. It only got to 12.3 which ain’t terrible on e85

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
pulled the car out to warm it up and do some logs . Thing ran out of fuel in 2 mins lol . Safe to say the tunes probably fine on the last pull I did and it was just low on fuel. It only got to 12.3 which ain’t terrible on e85
Oh man, that’s a kick in the balls!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea . No e85 close by so I’ll take it out in a week or so . Start my new job at the mine in town here next Wednesday 7on 7 off . I’ll still be able to keep my customers taken care of with my auto transport business with this kind of schedule. 39.83 a hour to start I’ll take it . Been finding myself bored at home too much lately . My house is paid for so no mortgage mainly doing the job to keep my sanity .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online