best cam for my stock 5.0

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
I'm partial to the Andersen N41 cam but like the B303 cam as well. Only asterisks to those cams is to make sure you have some 3.73 gears as they get a little buck-happy under 2K RPM if you toss it into 4th. I've driven cars with them and they both love higher RPM's.

I have a custom-grind FTI cam in mine as I was looking for something to tie my entire combo together and something that makes gobs of low end power. Did/Do have to tune however.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
What all is done to your 95? Is it tuned as well?
Aliminum ford x2 heads with larger chevy valves ported
Ford roller rockers none adjustable
B303 cam
Gt 40 intake lower , top
Keith black pistons standard size
Crank standard
70mm throttle body
Msd billet distributor
24 pound injectors
KB boost pump
High valume oil pump
Jba shorty headers
Flowmaster system no cats , egr , smog pump
373 gear
An yes tuned

I am going to a 351W on this car
Like I say this engine will probably be p for sale

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Aliminum ford x2 heads with larger chevy valves ported
Ford roller rockers none adjustable
B303 cam
Gt 40 intake lower , top
Keith black pistons standard size
Crank standard
70mm throttle body
Msd billet distributor
24 pound injectors
KB boost pump
High valume oil pump
Jba shorty headers
Flowmaster system no cats , egr , smog pump
373 gear
An yes tuned

I am going to a 351W on this car
Like I say this engine will probably be p for sale
I have the original Ford 351W distributor from my Cobra R that you might consider. It connects right up and makes it look stock. These are quite rare.

Methodical

Reaction score
I have the Lunati cam 51014. Specs are 218 int./226 exh. at 050", Lift .500/.510 LSA 112*. Below is a video with the cam. This is not my car, but it's the same cam and sound. I'd stick with one of the Ford camshafts with your stock settings so you don't have to mess with a lot of stuff. Plug and play basically.

Last edited:

Methodical

Reaction score
It’s retards that don’t have a clue what they’re talking about . Talking about how new cam technology is so advanced now . I’d love to hear one of those people actually explain how newer cams are better .
Canari yellow. I remember this guy had one when I live in Rochester NY. He drive by my apartment everyday and I run to the window to see it. Then I bought my 95 Cobra (Black).

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Canari yellow. I remember this guy had one when I live in Rochester NY. He drive by my apartment everyday and I run to the window to see it. Then I bought my 95 Cobra (Black).
I miss my canary yellow car , more of a ketchup guy now

OP
OP
rabbit2620

rabbit2620

Reaction score
As I understand it, the Steeda #19 cam was designed specifically to play nice with the 94/95 computer.

Mine:

I will research that. Like I said in the post it's just for the sound. The less I have to do the better. It's just something I drive on nice days and do doughnuts in lol

joemomma

Reaction score
I think most of the "stage 1" type cams will do what you're after (sound) without too much additional work. B cam, Steeda 19, and I think even a couple of the Anderson cams will work for you.

Finn

Reaction score
There does not seem to be much love for say Comp Cams.

Why is that, if you don't mind me asking?

joemomma

Reaction score
I think it may be that most of the Comp Cams are for more aggressive builds, and don't play nice with stock bottom end.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
There does not seem to be much love for say Comp Cams.

Why is that, if you don't mind me asking?
I like comp cams they make plenty of good options problem is most of them run out of steam by 5800-6000 . I like to spin 6300-6500rpm . I had the 284hr in my previous car 347 stroker vortech v1 15 psi . Car sounded killer but I’m sure it was leaving more on the table . You can give them a call and they will recommended an off the shelf unit or whip you up a custom for not much more then an off the shelf cam .

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
I think their camshafts are good, very well designed, and I'm using their biggest XFI cam now, but I'll never use their lifters ever again. When it comes to their mild cams I have no idea.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think their camshafts are good, very well designed, and I'm using their biggest XFI cam now, but I'll never use their lifters ever again. When it comes to their mild cams I have no idea.
good to know. It is amazing how a company can be great/good with one product and then sell something next to it that just is not up to par.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score

Steeda 19 . These work with stock computers with no tune because of the wide lobe separation . Something in the 114-115 range always works well with the stock ecu’s . If your any good at tuning they run fine with any cam . I’ve always ran superchargers on my small block fords so 114-115 lobe separation is usually my go to .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online