noob question

Bluextc

Reaction score
I openly admit I know nothing and am learning as I go. I just bought H&R SS springs, and want to do shocks and struts at the same time, but as I said, I'm learning as I go. Not asking for an answer, asking for where I should research.
I do very little daily driving, and am most intersted it doing well in the 1/4 mile. Here's what else I have:
00 GT: Mac CAI, Accubab 75 mm t/b & plenum, SCT xcal2, Mac o/r H, Flowmaster 40's, MGW shifter, MM lca's and x/l sfc'c. Oh, and Ford Racing 4.10's.
Awaiting install: 17x10.5 wheels with BFG 315 drag radials and H&R springs.
Oh, and I'm drinking, probably forgot to list something on the car... just need help on where to research shocks and struts...

Thank you!!!
:)

PS... again, I'm an idiot who know's nothing! so reading these other threads is not helping me... need someplace I can figure out the basics....

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Well, for info from other stang owners you can search Stangnet and Corral.net Theres a ton of info on both of them.

Reaction score
im gonna be runnin Tokico Blues(Hi-Performance) and i got em off Stangsuspension.com. They are a sponsor and we get a discount here at sn95

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
Thanks, Jerry, As for Stangnet, I left here to come here, and they sorta ignore me now, and tho Im registered at corral, never really been there, so I try to get whatever info I can from here.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
bLuE x said:
Thanks, Jerry, As for Stangnet, I left here to come here, and they sorta ignore me now, and tho Im registered at corral, never really been there, so I try to get whatever info I can from here.

Just search the Forums...I've found info of every question ive, ever had to ask...

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
Thank you, gotta get to work, but I will check it out when I get home.

:)

sonicsn95

Reaction score
Mel go with Lakewood 90/10 struts for the front and the 50/50 shocks for the back. They work well on the track,and also are fine for some street driving.

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
Thank you, drinking (again) tonight, so not doing any research, working on the site Handz gave me, and I will look into Lakewood as soon as I get it done. :)

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
bLuE x said:
Thank you, drinking (again) tonight, so not doing any research, working on the site Handz gave me, and I will look into Lakewood as soon as I get it done. :)

I am running Lakewood 70/30 Struts and 50/50 shocks. Work great for everyday driving. Also, will only set you back about 250 bucks.

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
bLuE x said:

I am running Lakewood 70/30 Struts and 50/50 shocks. Work great for everyday driving. Also, will only set you back about 250 bucks.

What???!!! I was thinking I'd be spending around $500. I might be able to get the gun, too!!!

Reaction score
yea shocks and struts dont cost too much mel, even the high performance ones like i got

OP
OP
B

Bluextc

Reaction score
I didn't do any research, just looked at the prices on one site, before I posted this question, and thought it was gonna cost alot more. Thinking tomorrow I'll avoid the rum and start reading...

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
bLuE x said:
I didn't do any research, just looked at the prices on one site, before I posted this question, and thought it was gonna cost alot more. Thinking tomorrow I'll avoid the rum and start reading...

Mel, Dont by drag shock...I know your car is your DD and you will enjoy a performance shock more than a drag shock

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
cost affective tokico blues. for everyday usage kyb. but quality is most important and who stands behind their products.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
bLuE x said:

Mel, Dont by drag shock...I know your car is your DD and you will enjoy a performance shock more than a drag shock

I swear to God that your reading sucks. Re-read her originial post. SHE DOES NOT DRIVE HER CAR DAILY AND IS INTERESTED IN 1/4 MILE.
A drag shock and strut will be fine for her. Where the hell do you know so much about drag struts and shocks sucking for everyday driving? Did you read that on a road racing forum or something?

I do very little daily driving, and am most intersted it doing well in the 1/4 mile.

G

GREG@SN95

Mel... PM r3dn3ck

He knows his suspension stuff, he can splain you everything. That guy is a suspension guro. If you want the best route, he's your man.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
jfor441 said:
SRT Handz said:
bLuE x said:

I swear to God that your reading sucks. Re-read her originial post. SHE DOES NOT DRIVE HER CAR DAILY AND IS INTERESTED IN 1/4 MILE.
A drag shock and strut will be fine for her. Where the hell do you know so much about drag struts and shocks sucking for everyday driving? Did you read that on a road racing forum or something?

I do very little daily driving, and am most intersted it doing well in the 1/4 mile.

You can have way more fun driving and do well at the drag strip with a Set Of Bilstiens..... Running drag shocks is making up for other things...you can brings your E.Ts up with other things besides drag shocks which make handling bad.

.....i see 03/04 cobras drag racing will Bilstiens and running 10's....whats your point?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online