Front Suspension noise

hot95

Reaction score
Im having a little trouble with my 95vert. When I turn the wheel my suspenion up front sqeeks also when I hit small bumps in the road. Someone told me it is the wheel bearings I was just trying to get a second opinion.It's my every day Stang so any help I would gratefully appreciate.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Check your tie rods. My car had the same problem. Either than or it could be rack bushings as well. The wheel bearing will howl when you're driving. You'd be able to hear it.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
it could be a number of things....

loose steering rack
wheel bearing
Tie rod

....you need to do a check on your whole front suspension to find the issue (which isnt that hard because we have stage coach suspension)

Reaction score
I have the same noise ... it really doesnt sound like wheel bearings to me cause thats usually more of a moaning than a squeaking

The weird thing is that it just comes and goes at times :dunno:

J

joelbegt

with all the crappy wet and snowy weather my front wheel bearing decided to start groaning. if you have a groan an easy way to tell if its the bearing would be to drive straight then turn slightly to the right. then turn slightly to the left. if it increases and decreases in noise by turning its generally a wheel bearing. if i remember correctly if you turn right and it increases in noise than its the left bearing and vise versa.

Hot95 - alot of times balljoints or badly worn isos cause excessive squeeking over bumps or turning at slow speeds. id check out your balljoints or tie rod ends by the way you describe the sound. do u have to be moving for it to squeek(like turning the wheel while stationary)? best thing to do if you cant find out what it is would be to do a visual inspection of all the grease boots and all the bushings in the front end.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
whens the last time you put some grease on anything. theyres not many or any grease points but putting some on doesnt hurt.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
My car squeaks if I push down on the fender. It doesn't sound bad just a little annoying. Plus, it's a Ford so fix one squeak and another will shop up tomorrow.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Red said:
My car squeaks if I push down on the fender. It doesn't sound bad just a little annoying. Plus, it's a Ford so fix one squeak and another will shop up tomorrow.

man.... i know exactly what you mean.... fixed my LCA squeak and 2 weeks later i got UCA squeak...

...mustangs just squeak....PERIOD

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
new factory rubber bushings for uca? im looking into re-bush everything. its not my DD and i dont race so i dont care.

LXtasy

Reaction score
my car exactly does have the same problem - as 0404 discribed it. i changed the rack bushings to poly off-set ones and i also changed the tie rods and end links. it still squakes - sometimes more sometimes barely hearable. dont know what else i should do :wall:

topless95

Reaction score
LXtasy said:
my car exactly does have the same problem - as 0404 discribed it. i changed the rack bushings to poly off-set ones and i also changed the tie rods and end links. it still squakes - sometimes more sometimes barely hearable. dont know what else i should do :wall:

Turn the radio up!!!

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
when my back wheels go over the bump on my driveway it squeaks... idk what it is... and when i got my safety inspection they said my tierods squeak(which i've never heard)

I haven't greased anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online