Just installed MM CC Plates and.....??

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
I just installed some MM Caster Camber plates and everything went smoothly on the install. Now the only question I have is the shock rod that comes through, it sticks up quite a bit more than stock. I like it because the amount of travel in the front suspension is cut down. I was just wondering where exactly you guys put yalls spacers?

I put two big and one small on each side and I put them all on the top. Does anyone do it differently like put one or two on the bottom so that it doesn't stick up as much? Just because it works great but a tad on the tacky side.

Thanks

Ill get pics tomorrow so yall can see them.

OP
OP
M

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
Also I am running just regular Blue Tokico struts, which I have read stick up a bit compared to if I was to have Fox struts.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Look over the installation instructions very carefully. When you get to the section about spacer install, you will see that there is a note about installing spacers on the Tokico 3026 series shocks (Fox HP Blue), but you said that you are running SN95 series, so you can disregard that. The real question is, are you running lowering springs?

If you do not have lowering springs on the car, you are supposed to use one small/two large spacers underneath the spherical bushing, and one small spacer on top. The setup would look like this.

344b2hh.jpg

If you lowered the car, you are supposed to use one small spacer underneath the spherical bushing, and one small/two large spacers on top. The setup will look like this.

n3w5rc.jpg

You must use all FOUR spacers not three.

OP
OP
M

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
Ok well thats the only part of the instructions that I passed over I guess.....lol I just have two big and one small on top and thats it.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
i doubt my hood would even close with 2 big and 1 small on top. what do you do then?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Mine closes fine and there are no clearance issues either. This is what separates good quality parts from cheap chinese knockoffs. There is a lot of thought put into this.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
Mine closes fine and there are no clearance issues either. This is what separates good quality parts from cheap chinese knockoffs. There is a lot of thought put into this.

+1

OP
OP
M

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
Ya my hood closes fine because it actually has a recessed area, it looks like just for the Caster/Camber area.

1bad95

Reaction score
Sorry to dig up an old thread but im kinda lost with the install on these also.Should be picking up a set tomorrow. I have eibach pro kit and will be taking the isos out soon, and also have the tokiko blues for the sn-95. do i put the spacers on the underside or top side?

thanks fellas

ReplicaR

Reaction score
You have to use on narrow spacer under the plate, and then one narrow and two wide spacers on top. The only time you have to use stock height spacing on a lowered car was on Tokico 3062, which I think was a drag shock. I can't really find any data on that one.

1bad95

Reaction score
cool thanks fellas! I had found a set NIB for $50!!!!! but the dude sold them out from me! Told him last night at 8 i would pick them up today at 3, i called him today just to make sure we were still on and he changed his price on me and had a guy lined up to buy so i said screw him!

94-5.0GT

Reaction score
javi said:
ReplicaR said:
You have to use on narrow spacer under the plate, and then one narrow and two wide spacers on top.

mmazz003.jpg

mmazz001.jpg
does the top of the shock hit your hood at all? that looks like it is really high

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
94-5.0GT said:
javi said:
ReplicaR said:
You have to use on narrow spacer under the plate, and then one narrow and two wide spacers on top.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg252/slo94gt/94GT/mmazz003.jpg
[IMG]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg252/slo94gt/94GT/mmazz001.jpg
[/quote]
does the top of the shock hit your hood at all? that looks like it is really high
[/quote]

No...

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
javi said:
MustangChris said:
Mikey and I did mine wrong.

coming from you im not surprised lol..
why?

well, if i recall correctly, mikey was doing the CC plates while i was doing the steering rack... lol. *COUGH* :p
but it being my car, its my job to properly supervise the job.

i honestly didnt even look at the instructions, it appears that we didnt use all the spacers required.

I kept all the spacers, so i just need to fix it when i do my motor swap. i needed new struts anyways.

i need to replace the k-member anyways as well... my tires are still good, so no harm, no foul.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online