cut coil spring drop

coats04

Reaction score
on a 94/95 how many of you have just cut the stock coils to drop your car?

can you post pics of your car and how much coil you cut off? thanks

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DO NOT CUT YOUR COILS!!!!

Everyone on this forum will say the same thing. it will REALLY Mess up the spring. I will make for a Horrible ride and the springs may fail...there is a thread on stangnet with a Cut coil bending while driving due to the heat from cutting messing up the springs.

If you wanna lower your car just pick up a set of Lower springs suck as Eibach or H&R.

If your considering cutting coils because of a Budget issue, then look into some Stangsuspension.com springs, they are very well priced

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
95riosnake has a half coil cut off his (supersports or sportlines I think).

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Red said:
95riosnake has a half coil cut off his (supersports or sportlines I think).

Half a coil is chill.... thats like nothing. Auto builders like Foose cut 1/2 coil all the time.... but more than that is bad news

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I have 1 coil cut on the rears of my car and 1 1/2 coils cut on the front. I used 4 cyl springs on the front.

Tell me all knowing Handz. Why you think there is so much heat from cutting the springs? If you use a torch, yes it will cause too much heat. If you use a cut off wheel it won't generate enough heat worry about.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
jfor441 said:
I have 1 coil cut on the rears of my car and 1 1/2 coils cut on the front. I used 4 cyl springs on the front.

Tell me all knowing Handz. Why you think there is so much heat from cutting the springs? If you use a torch, yes it will cause too much heat. If you use a cut off wheel it won't generate enough heat worry about.

Your car Must ride Like a POS with cut springs.... bouncing around like those cut coil hondas.

Cutting springs makes everything horrible, especially when cutting a coil and 1/2 off.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
jfor441 said:

Your car Must ride Like a POS with cut springs.... bouncing around like those cut coil hondas.

Cutting springs makes everything horrible, especially when cutting a coil and 1/2 off.

Nope rides just fine. Does exactly what I want it to.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
jfor441 said:
SRT Handz said:
jfor441 said:

when it rides worst than stock than means its bad

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
jfor441 said:
SRT Handz said:
jfor441 said:

when it rides worst than stock than means its bad

Doesn't ride worse than stock at all.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
jfor441 said:

Buy buddy installed Cut V-6 Springs in His 03 cobra (Solid Swapped).... Car rides like poo and Bounces.... Stock rode & handled better than the cut V6 springs.

If your gonna lower a car do it the right way

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
jfor441 said:

Buy buddy installed Cut V-6 Springs in His 03 cobra (Solid Swapped).... Car rides like poo and Bounces.... Stock rode & handled better than the cut V6 springs.

No need to when my car rides fine. It cost me a total of 30 bucks for the cyl front springs plus the cost of the new shocks and struts.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
jfor441 said:

How did he afford an 03 Cobra but couldn't get real springs for it? WHY would he do that??

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Just like most things it can be done if you do it right but it is easy to fuck up. U can cut part of the dead coil to lower it but cut too much or the wrong end and they are shit. Cut them using the wrong tools (torch) or not taking your time with a cut off wheel to keep the coils cool and they are shot. Now stock springs id be a little more hesistant to cut.

Just cuz some jackass did it and fucked it up doesnt mean it cant be done right.

Downshift

Reaction score
There are tons of cars with cut springs and they ride nice. Just because Maximum Motorsports says its doo doo doesn't mean that every persons car will ride like complete shit. Hell Jfor is just one of them who did it and they ride fine. Maybe if he auto crossed his car every other day or it was a race car it could be bad. I just put eibach pro kit on my car. I bought them knowing I was going to cut them 1/2 coil maybe a tad more.

Like Jfor said, if you use a cutting wheel or hack saw it won't be too much heat. If you are worried about it only cut 1/4 through at a time and soak it in some water to cool them off.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
SRT Handz said:
jfor441 said:

How did he afford an 03 Cobra but couldn't get real springs for it? WHY would he do that??

he is a retard and had H&R Super Sports and traded them for a Cut V6 Spring set up....he says it makes the car launch better.

I drive 50 miles with him....damn car bounces on a freeway like a honda

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
AaRoN said:
SRT Handz said:
jfor441 said:

he is a retard and had H&R Super Sports and traded them for a Cut V6 Spring set up....he says it makes the car launch better.

I drive 50 miles with him....damn car bounces on a freeway like a honda

Slap him next time you see him. And then take away his keys... :knuppel2:

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
AaRoN said:

ready for some more laughing.... He installed UPR LCAs on his 600HP Solid Swapped Terminator.

.....and he beats on the car HARD...i best him $20 that he will snap on of his LCAs

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
AaRoN said:

ready for some more laughing.... He installed UPR LCAs on his 600HP Solid Swapped Terminator.

.....and he beats on the car HARD...i best him $20 that he will snap on of his LCAs

He doesn't deserve that car.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
AaRoN said:

He doesn't deserve that car.
[/quote]

he pisses me off because he bought the car already modded...then when he talks to people about the car he talked like he did the mods.

I have no respect for people who by Pre-Modded Cars :nonono:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online