painted calipers

LXtasy

Reaction score
hi yall,

i am ready to put back on my cobra r's and i have to re-paint my calipers. i am thinking to paint them goldish - do u guys thing it would match with hypercoated wheels on a moonlight blue vert?

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think polished...or silver would look hot.

Polished takes time to do though.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
it depends if you do it right, black you'd probably never even notice and red would look good. but if you do it wrong the red will stand out alot and will look terrible if it starts to peel.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
No worries Aaron. Mine would be powdercoated or anodized black, not painted. :)

Oh, and I wouldn't post 684031380403843158 pictures of them after I was done. :hammer:

Paul.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cobra/PBR and GT/V6 caliper dont look very good powder coated....for some reason its makes them stand out to much.

IMO, only a 1 piece caliper like a Brembo, Stoptech, willwood, ect look good powdercoated

Flat black calipers look clean and discrete

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I guess flat black powdercoat wouldn't work then. :uglystupid2:

How many "pieces" are PBR calipers? Oh, nevermind Handz... you're the expert on EVERYTHING. :hammer:

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Paul said:
I guess flat black powdercoat wouldn't work then. :uglystupid2:
How many "pieces" are PBR calipers? Oh, nevermind Handz... you're the expert on EVERYTHING. :hammer:

IDK about yours calipers paul but my PBR/Cobra units are 2 piece calipers....The center sections separates from the Mounting bracket which bolts to the spindle

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Umm, that's an anchor, not a caliper. Last time I checked, those are made of metal and can be powdercoated too if you like.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Paul said:
Umm, that's an anchor, not a caliper. Last time I checked, those are made of metal and can be powdercoated too if you like.

Yeah They can be powder coated. I have seen Cobra calipers that were Powder coated a few times and it look kinda Glossy and it looked like poop because the it reflected light and the anchor looked weird.... Unlike a Brembo caliper that is one unit and looks smooth. I have never seen flat black powdercoated cobra caliper in person so dont know how it would look... but it would look clean. I was say crinkle Powder coating would look sick also.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Cobra/PBR and GT/V6 caliper dont look very good powder coated....for some reason its makes them stand out to much.

SRT Handz said:
I have never seen flat black powdercoated cobra caliper in person so dont know how it would look... but it would look clean. I was say crinkle Powder coating would look sick also.

Dang, you are confusing as hell.

Paul.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Paul said:
Dang, you are confusing as hell.

Paul.

like i said, the only ones i have seen have been that gloss powdercoating jobs like the Cobra R brembos have. I wanted mine Powdercoated but the place i went to only did the Gloss Jobs.... so i just painted flat black. Comes out really nice if you spend the time with Sanding and Prepping

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You're full of sh!t. No powdercoating place is going to turn someone away and say "Sorry, we only do glossy powdercoating here kid." Just go away - your idiocy is ruining this (and many other) threads.

Paul.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Paul said:
You're full of sh!t. No powdercoating place is going to turn someone away and say "Sorry, we only do glossy powdercoating here kid." Just go away - your idiocy is ruining this (and many other) threads.

Paul.

WTF is your problem Paul. I said i went to a Place that does powder coating and they said they didnt do Flat Black power coating. They showed me an example of there work and i just wasnt diggin it....so i painted Flat black. How is that Being Full of Shit?

Paul, Just STFU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online