Question for the Suspension Gurus

G

GREG@SN95

alrighty then. I was gonna just PM r3dn3ck... but I wanted to see what everyone else would suggest.

So first off, the car, and my goals.

1993 LX Vert
302, carb'd ~300hp
t5
4.10s
9 INCH WIDE STREET TIRES

I want to run 12s, naturally aspired, with 300hp and street tires. I know its doable. I also plan on putting the car on a diet. Keep in mind, that this is a BUDGET BUILD. As of now, the car is pretty much stock. Other then the 8.8 sn95 rear, and the sn95 front hubs and spindles, etc.

NOTE, I will have to have a roll cage installed.

The question.

What suspension components should I buy to hit the 12s? Again, keep in mind the car, and that this is a budget build.

oh... one more thing... quad shocks or no quad shocks?

Thanks in advance

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
as much of Truuble's setup as you can afford basically. I'd start with MM adjustable RLCA's, drag springs, Lakewood 90/10's in front, QA1 adjustable shocks, D&D or UPR tubular k-member and control arms, MM coil overs (175# 14" spring), MM CC plates.

If you can afford it the MM torque arm is a massive traction enhancement as well. Requires SFC's and a PHB. With proper drag shocks/struts and springs you'll have a foundation for some pretty dramatic 60' times. If you do the tq arm do a driveshaft loop too.

Slicks or drag radials can really help your times too.

As for 12's... yeah I'm not seeing any sort of problem hitting 12's on BONE stock suspension with 300rwhp/tq. Not a problem at all. I'd be looking for mid 12's with that power and one of the suspension setups from above.

OP
OP
G

GREG@SN95

So...

Rear-
Eibach sportlines
Strange 10 was shocks
MM adjustable RCAs
Box in the stock UCAs
sn95 sway bar

Front-

UPR K Member
UPR A-Arms
MM coilovers on Lakewood 90/10 Struts
MM CC Plates

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Turd Ferguson said:
So...

Rear-
Eibach sportlines
Strange 10 was shocks
MM adjustable RCAs
Box in the stock UCAs
sn95 sway bar

Front-

UPR K Member
UPR A-Arms
MM coilovers on Lakewood 90/10 Struts
MM CC Plates

that's a budget list? haha.

+1 to what redneck said!

OP
OP
G

GREG@SN95

Well... I was gonna do K member anyway... I'm gonna be yanking the motor, and I wanna shave some weight off the car.

Gonna find some gt40 heads, port and polish them, get a cam, LTs, nice intake and big carb. That should get me in the 300hp area (crank not wheel).

Then rip out the AC (really, its a vert, whats the point?), powersteering, all the BS emissions crap, ECU and wires, etc. All I want under my hood is a motor and whats needed to make it run.

I plan on making my own interior, something simple, and comfy. Get some race seats, and have a small stereo. Nuttin fancy, won't shave much weight, but it'll help.

The Eagle Alloys are pretty light, the Street tires I have a decently sticky. So with suspension and just 300hp, she should be 2700-2800lbs of 12sec Muscle.

Then... maybe a 100shot for all the modded ls1s. lol

OP
OP
G

GREG@SN95

oh yeah... I'm also gonna make my own fiberglass hood (help from a friend).

:coolsmiley:

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
Turd Ferguson said:
oh yeah... I'm also gonna make my own fiberglass hood (help from a friend).

:coolsmiley:

that'll be pretty tight. I always wanted to try and make my own fiberglass stuff, I was gonna start trying to make fiberglass fenders for the camaro til i sold it lol

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Budget 12 sec suspension...here i go.

Mind you this will suck at turning but who cares if you want a drag car

MM LCAs, Some sort or lowering spring (Fox 4 banger springs if you wanna save cash, Bilstiens, Boxed UCA or some Double Adjustables, No front sway bar....and drop the weight. That all shouldnt cost that much

Spd0lit

Reaction score
Really for shocks you should look into strange adj. can't beat $360 for a set of 4

OP
OP
G

GREG@SN95

SRT Handz said:
Budget 12 sec suspension...here i go.

Mind you this will suck at turning but who cares if you want a drag car

MM LCAs, Some sort or lowering spring (Fox 4 banger springs if you wanna save cash, Bilstiens, Boxed UCA or some Double Adjustables, No front sway bar....and drop the weight. That all shouldnt cost that much

Bilsteins are too spensive and aren't the best for the track. And I like the idea of being able to adjust the shocks for track and the ride home.

And I ain't planning on turning.

"The quickest way between 2 points, is a straight line"

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the cheapest adjustable shock i would say would have to be Strange or Tokico 5 ways.

Just GUT The car hard and your E/Ts will drop so fast.

OP
OP
G

GREG@SN95

SRT Handz said:
the cheapest adjustable shock i would say would have to be Strange or Tokico 5 ways.

I'm gonna. But I need my drinking music for the 15 minute ride home. lol.

Anything you do in life, you can do, while drinkin beer. mkay. Even drive. Although some folk tend to whine about that.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Turd Ferguson said:
SRT Handz said:

Anything you do in life, you can do, while drinkin beer. mkay. Even drive. Although some folk tend to whine about that.

i smoke HUGE Blunts of Ganja while cruising..... People dont seem to mind as much as Beer. :hammer:

OP
OP
G

GREG@SN95

SRT Handz said:
Turd Ferguson said:
SRT Handz said:

i smoke HUGE Blunts of Ganja while cruising..... People dont seem to mind as much as Beer. :hammer:

Thats cause you live in the hippy state.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
Turd Ferguson said:
SRT Handz said:
Turd Ferguson said:
SRT Handz said:

Thats cause you live in the hippy state.

californians are tree huggers who care about the environment too much :nonono:

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i dont give a crap about the enviroment..... :dunno:

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:

Well you should care about the environment!! haven't you seen the day after tomorow? everyones dies because too many people ran o/r x pipes

OP
OP
G

GREG@SN95

realitygt said:
SRT Handz said:

Well you should care about the environment!! haven't you seen the day after tomorow? everyones dies because too many people ran o/r x pipes

Its fuckin cold out, global warming FTMFW!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99