Cobra rear sway bar

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
are all cobra sway bars, 93-98 the same? i'm looking at buying one from a 98 cobra, will this benefit me? how much should i pay for a used one and what can i look for to make sure its from a cobra?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
According to things I've heard on different websites, Cobra rear bar is supposed to be solid and stiffer, versus hollow bar that comes standard on 94-95 GTs. Stiffer bar in the rear will increase wheel rate, and the rear will have more traction than it used to before, therefore inducing understeer. Are you sure you wanna do just the rear sway bar?

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
According to things I've heard on different websites, Cobra rear bar is supposed to be solid and stiffer, versus hollow bar that comes standard on 94-95 GTs. Stiffer bar in the rear will increase wheel rate, and the rear will have more traction than it used to before, therefore inducing understeer. Are you sure you wanna do just the rear sway bar?

the guys only selling the rear, and its a good price, so i think i'm going to buy it and get a front from steeda or eibach later on

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cobra rear sway bar/Eibach Rear/Steed REar are all the same thickness and stiffness.

I have a cobra rear bar teamed with Steeda Adjustable Rear w/ ST Sway bar in the from and the car handles like its on rail. Very neutral

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94Pro-5.0 said:
whats a good price to pay for one?

I Had a S.T. Rear bar but it didnt work with my Adjustable LCAs because it hung to low.

...So i bought my Cobra Bar of Craigslist for $30 :dancing6:

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
ok, thats about what i'll be paying. thanks

also, is a 98 cobra front worth $20 plus an hour drive?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94Pro-5.0 said:
ok, thats about what i'll be paying. thanks

also, is a 98 cobra front worth $20 plus an hour drive?

The Cobra Front isnt a Very Good Bar.... If i were you i would buy the Cobra Rear bar and By a Brand New Either Addco, Steeda, ST, or Eibach Bar.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i bought my steeda front from craigslist for 75. havent installed but im waiting til i have my whole setup pieced. taking awhile but will be worth the wait.

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
you should go ahead and install it, that way you know what each peice does for your car individually.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
im waiting for a few more things and wrapping it up in 1/2 days on the rental lift..

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
...So i bought my Cobra Bar of Craigslist for $30 :dancing6:

looks like the auction is going to go higher than expected, so i may end up paying $65+. may pass on this one.

96GT

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:

It introduces more oversteer, as Mustangs are known for understeer.

In my research, I found that the factory Mustang bars are known for breaking where the solid mounting point meets the tubular section. The Steeda is designed in such a way where this problem is eliminated but it will cost substantially more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online