what do you guys think of this coil over kit?

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
thats hwat i figured, but what exactly is not good about this kit, it seems nice :dunno: and the right price

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That kit for the Corral cost $150 WITH Springs

...the MM kit costs $259.00 and DOES NOT include Springs....You have to buy those separate.

....Something is being skimped on the Corral Kit

95MustangGT

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. I have that kit on my car now and even though I like the way it sits I am limited to what tire size I can use. I'm not sure if this is the same with all coil over kits, but I have the 350 lb springs and with 17 x 9 wheels with 245/45 tires I had to space the wheels out to keep the tires from rubbing on the springs. The other issue I have is the spring catches on the inner fender well where the strut goes if I do not lay the camber in a lot. I will be changing back to regular springs in the not so distance future.

chromeyellow

Reaction score
I've got the same MMR kit, not sure what the trouble is. Works fine for me

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
chromeyellow said:
I've got the same MMR kit, not sure what the trouble is. Works fine for me

thats the difference between MMR owners and MM owners

MMR owners say there parts work "Fine"

MM owners say "MY PARTS ARE AMAZING!!!"

ReplicaR

Reaction score
To me all MMR stuff looks like a MM knock off. Kinda like Granatelli, but I guess, there is only so many ways to build the exact same parts. I just purchased MM front coilovers, used for like 130. They are not installed yet, because they did not come with springs (Hypercoils are in the mail), and as soon as I get that, the coilovers are going on.

Edit: Hey Handz, did you register for that event yet?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I tried the GMS coilover kit, when I first got into my suspension.
it was cheap, and the seller told me it would work fine" plenty of guys run it....

I replaced it about 3 months later.
the MM kit is built of better material, sealed needles for the adjustment, and was worth every dollar.

chromeyellow

Reaction score
I've seen GMS parts and that stuff scares me, I don't think I'll ever recommend it. I've seen Griggs and MM parts, and was impressed. I agree with some of the posts around here that Steeda makes good parts, but have a lot of "show" factor (I think Handz mentioned CF subframe connectors and billet control arms) With MM and Griggs, you get a lot for your money, but you're spending a lot too. As for MMR the parts are great, I'm impressed as well, but I don't know if its worth the extra money for the MM parts. MMR has been around for a long time and I haven't been able to find anything bad about them, but that doesn't mean anything. What is important to me is that they answer their phone and are happy to talk when I call, and that they stand behind their products. Everybody seems to have their own engineers, I trust most all of them since I've seen their parts*. GMS, sorry, but I've seen your quality control first hand, and I've seen your parts fail.

*I was stationed in Monterey, California, used to practically live at Laguna, and our local club has a great discount at a mustang shop nearby which the owner was a member, yada yada yada

96GT

Reaction score
While Maximum Motorsports is definitely great, MMR's products are pretty damn good as far as I can see. I actually was going to pickup the front handling coilovers too. They run everything they sell, and have great customer service. Everything I have ever bought from them is of excellent quality.

These guys produce sub 11 second mustangs in their sleep and they have been doing it for years. I wouldn't just write them off so quickly.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
96GT said:
While Maximum Motorsports is definitely great, MMR's products are pretty damn good as far as I can see. I actually was going to pickup the front handling coilovers too. They run everything they sell, and have great customer service. Everything I have ever bought from them is of excellent quality.

These guys produce sub 11 second mustangs in their sleep and they have been doing it for years. I wouldn't just write them off so quickly.

QFT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online