Help

916_5.0

Reaction score
Ok so i posted a while back that i thought that the gap betwen my tire and fender looked different on each side on the back wheels. Like the driver side gap looked bigger than the passenger side. Anyways i was looking a couple days ago and noticed that the reason i think it looks like this is because the passenger side wheel is sitting in about a half to three quarter inch difference from the driver side.

Anyways i was wondering what might cause this wheel to be sitting in farther than the other side?

OP
OP

916_5.0

Reaction score
I don't have any isos in. How would they make one wheel sit farther in towards the center of my car?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Take your car to the alignment rack and ask them to square the frame. What this will do is check your distances from one corner to the other across the car. If a distance is shorter from left front to right rear than from right front to left rear for example, then you have either bent suspension piece or possible frame damage. From there you can start small and work your way up. Check the bushings first, see of the control arms show any signs of previous damage. Frame work should be the last thing on your list.

OP
OP

916_5.0

Reaction score
The person who owned the car before the person i bought it from clipped a guard rail with it on the side that the wheel sits farther in on. The car also has after market UCAs and LCAs so is it likely one of those is bent?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I can't tell you if I can't see the car or at least the alignment sheet. Check the alignment first like I told you and go from there.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Are you talking about vertical tire to fender gap or horizontal gap?

OP
OP

916_5.0

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
I can't tell you if I can't see the car or at least the alignment sheet. Check the alignment first like I told you and go from there.

Yeah i figured you couldn't really tell me just by what i have said lol, just wondering if that is a probable cause or not or what other thing might have to do with it, i think i need to change some bushings or the upper control arms too cause when i am at a stop and start to go and the clutch fully engages there is a creak like sound that comes from the back driver side of my car not sure if that would have anything to do with it or even what it is. I will have to do that alignment check.

Red said:
Are you talking about vertical tire to fender gap or horizontal gap?

In the post i posted about a month ago i was talking about the vertical gap i guess it is, its the gap between the actual edge of my fender to the top of by tire, and i had posted cause the driver side appears to be bigger than the other. I posted this post because i was looking at it with my buddy the other day and it appears that the side that has the smaller gap between the fender and tire is sitting in towards the center of the car by about a half inch or so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online