how do you increase steering angle?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
driftingmustang said:
thanks, but i already did that and i need even more angle, lol.

Sorry, i can no more ideas.... the Steering is being limited by the Wheel hitting the Control Arm.

Just learn to drive better with what you got :dunno:

96GT

Reaction score
You only can go with a tubular setup from there, but the increase in turning radius is minimal at best.

OP
OP
D

driftingmustang

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
driftingmustang said:
thanks, but i already did that and i need even more angle, lol.

Sorry, i can no more ideas.... the Steering is being limited by the Wheel hitting the Control Arm.

Just learn to drive better with what you got :dunno:
damn, so does that mean the wider my rims the less turning angle i have????

cntchds

Reaction score
Only if you aren't getting the steering wheel to the lock. If you can make it all the way to the lock then you shouldn't be hitting anything. I need to do that sometime. I hate how horrible the turn radius is on my car. I have to do a multiple point turn almost every time I do a U-turn. :wall:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Why exactly do you need so much steering angle anyway?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Paul said:
Why exactly do you need so much steering angle anyway?

+1

I just learned and adapted to the Mustangs Turning Radius

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Other than doing a U-turn or other very slow-speed maneuver, there is no need to go full lock on a Mustang's steering.

OP
OP
D

driftingmustang

Reaction score
Paul said:
Other than doing a U-turn or other very slow-speed maneuver, there is no need to go full lock on a Mustang's steering.
my name is driftingmustang for a reason, lol.

theres a couple times drifting that i am damn sure i could have gotten more angle and sustained it without spinning out if my steering had more angle. instead i spin out(not like i was the only one though, the 240sx i was up against spun out too, lol)

cntchds

Reaction score
Paul said:
True, but being so horrible with directions U-turns are pretty familiar. :) It would just be easier, and less embarrassing to be able to do a U-turn in one foul swoop. :p

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
If you're full-lock, then you're doing something wrong.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Full Lock while Drifting?!?!? Yeah Right. Even when you are fully sideways in Countersteer mode there is no way you are going full lock

OP
OP
D

driftingmustang

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Full Lock while Drifting?!?!? Yeah Right. Even when you are fully sideways in Countersteer mode there is no way you are going full lock
i have full locked many a time to switch directions quikly mid drift. (drift right then be drifting left, uber fun). hell, ive once got some sick ass angle round a turn full lock.

yes, in drifting, you will somtimes find your self at full lock, especially with such piss poor turning angle

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
driftingmustang said:
i have full locked many a time to switch directions quikly mid drift. (drift right then be drifting left, uber fun). hell, ive once got some sick ass angle round a turn full lock.

yes, in drifting, you will somtimes find your self at full lock, especially with such piss poor turning angle

I demand video of you and your drifting skills. Otherwise, I call BS.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Hey, DriftingMustang

Check out the board over at the www.drift50.com. Those guys built a daily driven fox that they adopted for drifting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online