PDA

View Full Version : spring isolators yes or no?

x182dan
05-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Simple question how harsh is the ride without the isolators? I really want a nice ride for the street since I am not racing the car around a track. I currently have ford motorsports c springs and probably will go with Koni shocks/struts. If I should use the isolators should I get stock replacement or the poly ones?

Downshift
05-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I noticed no difference at ALL. Some say its bad but I could not tell. Id go without them. Just put a good layer of electrical tape or something similar around the top and bottom or it will scratch and eventually rust a small amount. Oh easier to get the spring in and out too without those things.

ReplicaR
05-13-2008, 06:31 PM
I have urethane isolators right now front and back, and pretty soon I'll be getting rid of both. There is sqeeking going on in front and I'm pretty sure that's coming from those damn poly isolators. When the coilovers are installed in June, I will never look back. Honestly speaking if the stock isolators are in good shape (mine were and my car had 140k miles at the time), then just reuse them. If you want the car lower than it is, don't use isolators at all, but there will be some noise, so wrap them in some old bicycle tire or something to prevent the road noise.

Red96GT
05-13-2008, 06:53 PM
It's a bit more harsh but I'm also riding on stock shocks and struts which doesn't help. The noise is a bit louder as well but my tie rod bushings cover up all that anyway, it's a Ford.

98-5.0
05-15-2008, 08:34 PM
most complaint ive heard of when ditching them....is the noise it makes .....as well as all poly bushings....they will if not eventually make some kind of noise.....i had all poly stuff in my car at one point and in the morning..backing down the driveway..they would sqeak and be stiff untill i drove few miles then the were quiet and happy....i personally would not run with out them unless you want that mean ass stance and need that little bit of lowering they will budge ya....try it...

SRT Handz
05-15-2008, 09:05 PM
i didnt notice any noise difference.... the ride is a little stiffer but nothing to cry about.

justinschmidt1
05-15-2008, 11:25 PM
I noticed no differance

Matt94GT
05-16-2008, 02:06 PM
i took mine out noticed no difference but I do get a squeek when I go over big bumps...no biggie the extra 1/8th" drop is worth it :)