omg Im an Idiot.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Okay well tonight decided to stay in and finish up my brakes and front suspension. My car has been jacked up in the front for over a month now. Anyways I am done, start lowering her down then realise "shit I forgot to put the blocks back under the wheels" so now my jack is released and my car is sitting ontop of the jack, I cant get it out. My car is too low so I need to drive up on a pair of 2x6s before I jack it up. :hammer:

So now I gotta get a jack from my buddy, jack up my rear end, put jackstands by my rear tires then jack up one of the sides to get the 1st jack out.

:lol:

HISSIN50

Reaction score
Haha. My car is the same (I drive up on a 2X4 before I can get any of my jacks underneath it). I have also forgotten to put the wood back underneath the tire, but normally I just jack it back up.

Sorta related story: A buddy with a 4 Runner had a rear flat (he had big bogger tires on it). I meet up with him where the flat was and we jack it up. I find his spare is a normal size and since the flat is in the rear, we gotta swap a front to the flat rear so we dont tear up his LSD.

Long story short, my jack's valve breaks with the truck jacked up (big jack where you turn the handle to open the valve). Crap. We end up getting some guys to come help us rock the truck off the jack.

ForcFed93

Reaction score
Can you not just retighten the jack and jack it back up? You made it sound like a hard process. Maybe I'm just not understanding something?

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
when i did it before the bumper was so close to the jack handle it wouldnt move much at all

drrigg

Reaction score
Back in the '80s I came home from college for a visit and got a call from my brother saying that he had a flat tire and needed to borrow my jack. I didn't understand why he needed my jack but I took it out to the deserted stretch of road where his SVO was sitting on the shoulder. What had happened was that the car had fallen off the jack after he removed the flat tire and the jack was now pocking up through the floorboard on the passanger side and had become hopelessly jammed. I don't know who was madder - my brother who had to use a hammer to remove the Ford jack from his floor of his new car or mom who was ready to strangle him for being out after curfew.

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
drrigg said:
Back in the '80s I came home from college for a visit and got a call from my brother saying that he had a flat tire and needed to borrow my jack. I didn't understand why he needed my jack but I took it out to the deserted stretch of road where his SVO was sitting on the shoulder. What had happened was that the car had fallen off the jack after he removed the flat tire and the jack was now pocking up through the floorboard on the passanger side and had become hopelessly jammed. I don't know who was madder - my brother who had to use a hammer to remove the Ford jack from his floor of his new car or mom who was ready to strangle him for being out after curfew.

bahaha

Rantheman

Reaction score
no worries bro I can't get a jack under my car without having 2 2x4 on each to make it 4 inches tall

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i have to do the same thing...frustrates the hell out of me.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's my only real fear of lowering the car lol. I had this same problem when I was helping my friend out with his lowered 240sx.
Sucked lol

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Just got to spend the extra cash for the nice $150 jack thats only 2 inched tall at the nose so it fits under a dropped car.

But then again thats if you have the cash lol i have always used lil wood planks works great.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i feel you matt. i have to drive up on wood to get my bigger jack under the car. my little jack wont even fit under my car anymore. my k-member is probably 3-3.5" off the ground to give you an idea.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online