New suspension is on

HuskerGT

Reaction score
We just got through upgrading my suspension. Since I can't do any heavy lifting for a couple more months a buddy of mine volunteered to do all the work (with my supervision, lol) in exchange for my take off springs & shocks.

After doing some reading on this forum, I went with Fox body Tokico HP gas shocks which are an inch shorter than the SN-95 body style shocks and are better for lowered Stangs, Eibach Sportline springs and Maximum Motorsports 4-bolt adjustable caster camber plates. For the drive home we dialed in the alignment with a level! Man it was very easy with these cc plates and it tracked straight down the road all the way home. I'm taking it in to an alignment shop after I hit 500 miles or so.

She rides much better than with my old setup of FRPP lowering C-springs, stock shocks & no cc plates. The springs should settle another half inch or so in about 500 miles.

100_2463.jpg

100_2455.jpg

navarro98gt

Reaction score
Looks good!! How many spacers did you end up using with the CC plates?

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
We used them all. Since the struts were an inch shorter, we set it up as if it was at "stock" ride height. 1 small washer on top all the rest below.

I really am surprised at how much better it rides now. I was thinking it might be worse since the C-springs were a progressive rate spring and the Sportlines appear to be specific rate. The shocks & struts must be playing big roll in the ride quality.
:thumb:

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks good. :thumb:

yeah tokico's struts/shocks are nice and cheap specially if you get the fox ones,i saw in a magazine they are doing the Blue tokico full set for 199.99. which i think is bargain.

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
ıʌɐɾ said:

yeah tokico's struts/shocks are nice and cheap specially if you get the fox ones,i saw in a magazine they are doing the Blue tokico full set for 199.99. which i think is bargain.
That's a great price, if it includes shipping. I think I paid around $230 shipped.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
HuskerGT said:
ıʌɐɾ said:

That's a great price, if it includes shipping. I think I paid around $230 shipped.

my mistake they are KYB shocks/struts and shipping was $18.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online