Uneven Stance

1996GT

Reaction score
Im on my 3rd set of lowering springs and no matter what brand/height i buy, I still get an uneven stance. The passenger rear sits 1/2" lower than the driver's rear and the passenger front sits 1/2" higher than the driver's front. Im not sure what is the problem (still learning suspensions). Any thoughts?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
check the condition of your Springs ISOs.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Check if the pigtails on the rear springs are aligned. This could be a deeper issue if this is the 3rd spring set and the car still sits the same.

OP
OP
1996GT

1996GT

Reaction score
Went out and rechecked the pigtails. They're both facing the same way but the rear iso's look pretty bad. I dont have iso's up front. On the rears, i removed the top iso's but left the bottom ones.

916_5.0

Reaction score
My car has the exact same problem. I have no idea what is wrong.

OP
OP
1996GT

1996GT

Reaction score
Well at least im not the only one. Its driving me nuts though. For now, i think ill put the left side iso's back in just to even out the front 'till i can figure this out. Does anybody else have an idea?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im pretty sure my passenger rear sits lower too...

Maybe more of the cars weight is to that side?

I dont know, I wouldnt worry about it.

OP
OP
1996GT

1996GT

Reaction score
yeah unfortunately im still running the stock struts/shocks. Im working on that next though.

916_5.0

Reaction score
I have Tokico blues and mine is doing it still im not sure why it really bothers me though.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Guys, stop worrying, its normal.

The right rear will sit lower naturally because that is the way the car twists when taking off, and launching. I have never had a Mustang with an equal ride height in the rear.

Maybe full subframes will help?

I dont know, but I wouldnt worry about it.

916_5.0

Reaction score
Im just not sure why the front is sitting lower on that side as well its weird.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Guys, stop worrying, its normal.

The right rear will sit lower naturally because that is the way the car twists when taking off, and launching. I have never had a Mustang with an equal ride height in the rear.

Maybe full subframes will help?

I dont know, but I wouldnt worry about it.

My car sits just fine. Cut ne coil of rear springs with lakewood 50/50 shocks in back, MMR Drag coilovers in the front with lake 70/30 struts. Steeda LCA in the back and MM full length subframe connectors.

Something is NOT right if the car is not sitting level.

OP
OP
1996GT

1996GT

Reaction score
What justin said about the rear right makes sense, i just cant understand the front. I was thinking about cutting 1/2 a coil off the front right and see what happens. I just dont know if the Trick One springs are progressive or not.

Spd0lit

Reaction score
Also check the bushings in the control arms. They could be completely shot giving the appearance that the car is uneven.

Beard

Reaction score
Control arms with an adjustable perch will fix that.

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
I have the same problem, but my passenger side is the side that sits higher in the front and the back when compared to the other sides. I just installed new cobra control arms and made no difference. I was thinking about trimming down my front springs but I am real skeptical at messing up the ride height all around if I was to cut too much off.

I saw someone say they would cut a half of a coil off cause I have already removed all ISOs from the front and it went down a bit but still offset. I also am running Tokico Blue shocks and I installed brand new urethane ISOs in the rear when I did the spring Mod.

Don't feel bad guys I am at a lose, but I have been told this is not an uncommon problem and all you can do really is look at every little thing on your suspension and car setup that could effect it just to make sure something is not off or not installed perfect. Otherwise you just have to slightly modify your springs to work with your car.

I have tried many things like moving the subwoofer to that side of the car and really no difference...LOL

Here in the next couple of weeks Im going to probably trim some off and bring it to level. I will keep yall updated on what happens if no one else has done it by then to see how much is needed to make it work.

Good Luck Everyone

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
springs are a touchy thing. better buy coilovers so i don't get an uneven stance lol

McCloud

Reaction score
My car sits level. I am definitely going to coilovers in the front now for adjustability on the ride height.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online