Best Rear Stock Tower Brace?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking in to buying a Rear Shock Tower Brace. I have Checked out Steeda, Kenny Brown and CHE....But can decided.

Anyone wanna throw down some Info?

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
and you need one because...

Someone owns me $200.... they dont have cash so i said buy a me shock Tower Brace in Credit :hammer:

i am looking the Kenny Brown Brace ATM

ReplicaR

Reaction score
There are better ways to invest 200 dollars than spending them on something that you're not going to feel. Buy a battery relocation kit. It will cost the same 200 dollars, and you will feel the difference in weight distribution much more than a shitty chassis flexing slightly less in the place where you don't need it at all.

Or you could do a track day on the 30th for 150... Big Willow... I'll be there with Speed Trial.

If you are so insistent on getting the useless mod, then I'd go with CHE. I can't see what the KB piece looks like, so I can't comment on that, but Steeda design is awful. They are using soft rear shock mounts to mount something that's supposed to keep the rear towers from moving toward each other. You end up with the same exact deflection, and virtually no effect at all. Atleast CHE uses multiple points on the tower itself, so there is no deflection as in Steeda piece. I still maintain though that you don't need either.

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I want a Battery Relocation BUT i have HIDs that Hook directly off the Battery For power....if i did that i would have to make another power wire to go all the way to the truck.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
So run the wire then. Or rewire the HIDs so you don't have it hooked up like you do right now.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
I want a Battery Relocation BUT i have HIDs that Hook directly off the Battery For power....if i did that i would have to make another power wire to go all the way to the truck.

rewire them off of the fuse box.. constant 12+

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
whenever I've asked about it, ppl say it's not necessary on a mustang chassis.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
cntchds said:
But they look :pimp: when you pop the trunk.

So does a nitrous bottle, sub or remote battery - but at least they do something for ya! :crazy2:

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Isn't looks with out function technical definition of rice?

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do we know for a fact that the brace does nothing? I wanna hear someone who has bought a RST Brace say they wasted there money....

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You should get two Handz. It will be twice as good, like your rear swaybars.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Well, since you asked... Braces are usually installed to help with load and suspension geometry deflections. Here is how I know for a fact the rear shock tower brace does nothing on a mustang.

1. On a 4 link suspension like you have, all the geometry is determined by the upper and lower control arms. You can reinforce the rear shock towers until you turn blue, it's not going to change anything at all. The suspension links have much stiffer mounting point anyway, and that's called a solid rear axle.

2. There is no load at all on the rear shocks. You can remove the rear shocks completely, and still be able to drive the car around, because all the load is handled by the rear springs, and the control arms. So you can believe there is absolutely no flex at all between those two towers, unless you do coilovers, which something tells me you will not.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Info directly from Che website

The deflection in the axle tubes can be so severe under hard launches on the dragstrip that it will actually fracture the center section near the welds, destroying the rear axle and possibly ruining other areas of the drivetrain.

The reduced axle deflection will improve launch and 60ft times because the rear tires will now have consistent traction without the undesirable changes in rear caster and camber that is imposed with axle deflection.

As far as i understand this could be completely worthless for you who go to autox events as stated above braces are more likely ot be use for Drag races.

Spend your money wisely.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I still fail to see how shock towers, which do not carry any load at all will reduce flex in axle. They do not reinforce the floor, and they do no mount up nowhere near the control arm mounting points. Secondly, the cars that break the axle housings are probably well into speeds where it's required to have a roll bar, which will stiffen the whole chassis anyway, once again rendering that shock tower brace useless.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online