Help me decide on a wheel size and possibly some wheels.

fixthedoor

Reaction score
I have been considering Maxxim Wonders (I think they're called, from Maximum Motorsports).

I need some guidance. Anyone seen these in person? How do they look on a snive? I like their weight. :thumbsup:
I could swear I've seen them in someone's sig but I can't remember whose... :dontknow:

I took advantage of the search button and found some pics of what I was looking for. They look better on a car with a 1" drop. I would still like to get peoples' opinions on them.

and it was white95's sig that I saw them in.

OP
OP
F

fixthedoor

Reaction score
Re: Maxxim Maximum Motorsports rims

I will be taking my car to autocross and roadcourse events in the future and want to know if the Maxxim rim would be a decent rim to run.

The larger rim (18") would allow me to run bigger brakes but the sidewalls of the tires would probably be too stiff and the car wouldn't have as much contact with the road in the corners. I don't see me purchasing larger brakes anywhere in the near future, so that's a mute point for my situation. If anything I would upgrade to Cobra brakes.

The width is only 8.5" so grip would further be limited.

At 24.5 lbs the rim is lighter than most but not as light as some.

The rim would probably be a decent road wheel given it's lower rolling resistance, vs a 9" of 10" rim, and it's light weight. On the track I'm thinking it's not such a hot idea. :dontknow:

These are just my thoughts so tell me what you guys think.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I like my R58 Cobra Rs. They are supposed to be the lightest OEM mustang wheel available in 17x9, which still gives you clearance to run just about every brake combination available (Cobra, Brembo, StopTech, Wilwood). I've got two sets of them, one for track which I have not used in ages, and another one that I drive on the street, and use at the track now as well. One of the best wheels bar none has to be Enkei Racing PRF1. In 17x9 it weights in just under 16 pounds a wheel, which is incredibly light, and I know they are very strong, because plenty of people use them for racing, not just on mustangs, and they hold up to punishment extremely well. At 250 dollars a wheel, there is nothing better.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=3797906522BS&wheelMake=Enkei+Racing&wheelModel=RPF1&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint&showRear=yes&selectedRear=3797956518BS&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Mustang+GT&autoYear=1994&autoModClar=&filterSize=17&filterFinish=Painted&filterSpecial=false&filterBrand=Enkei+Racing&filterNew=All&sort=Brand

OP
OP
F

fixthedoor

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

I saw those sometime ago but I don't know why I did not pursue them. At 16#s per wheel that's a savings of nearly 20#s. I will check into their availability. Good to hear that it's a durable rim, otherwise I would be concerned about it's durability given it's weight and price .

What do you think of a staggered wheel width? 9" up front and 10" in the rear.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I don't like staggered setup. Mustang pushes hard as is, last thing you need is more grip in the back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online