Question about wandering on un-even roads

BigSkySN95

Reaction score
I put 275s on the front of my '95 GT and it gets jerked all over uneven roads, then I drive my buddy's Terminator and it is straight as an arrow with very little movement over the same road. We both have the same size, brand of tire and same size wheel, what is the difference that makes the Terminator drive so nice?

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
Could be the caster setting's. Does the Termy have CC plates installed?? They enable you to dial in much more caster, where with the factory set-up your stuck with no adjustment.

GT

OP
OP
B

BigSkySN95

Reaction score
Unless they come stock with CC plates than no, he hasn't done any suspension mods.

Magic

Reaction score
I know the steering components are different...the 03 Cobra also uses a different steering rack and pinion than the other model Mustangs...
That could be an issue there?

Magic

Reaction score
Also another thing...the Terminator is many years newer than your car...you could also have some worn suspension bits, like the bushings in the A-arms, tie rods etc...

OP
OP
B

BigSkySN95

Reaction score
Good point on the worn parts, I was planning on starting to replace suspension stuff this winter.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Well a terminator has bilsteins, 650lb springs, longer control arms, and a better racknpinion to start with. It also has the IFS which makes a difference front to rear in how it drives. The track of the car is better with the IFS then with a solid axle w/ stock suspension

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
realitygt said:
u mean irs?

yea sorry lol. It's two completely different cars, and to get your car to drive like a termy or better, you'll need a better designed suspension such as TA/PHB combo

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
is your car lowered?

wandering or pulling on uneven roads is a sign of bump-steer.

OP
OP
B

BigSkySN95

Reaction score
No, not lowered. Completely stock and original. The car has 70,000 miles on it.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hmm. well if that's the case possibly your tires are shot, or your a arm bushings are worn.

ArkansasMystic

Reaction score
A lot of it is in the control arms. You can swap the front arms off a 03/04 Cobra onto your car and it will make a big difference from what I am told. Smoother ride, reduces the wandering, and also gives you a 10% better turning radius. It is definitely on my mod list. I've seen several threads on it, tons of good reviews (svtperformance). Late Model Restoration has the brand arms with bushings and all, ready to bolt on for $250, not a bad deal and will solve the majority of your issues. It will still not be comparable to the Terminator, but it should make your car feel a lot better.

stampede3

Reaction score
You are experiencing "Tramlining"
Look it up on tire rack.
This is not bump steer.
95% of drivers wouldn't know bump steer if it bit them in the ass.

Mario7820

Reaction score
Its because it has IRS my unk own the term and that things rides so nice!!!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
stampede3 said:
95% of drivers wouldn't know bump steer if it bit them in the ass.

assbite.jpg

kyle94gt

Reaction score
yeah my 94 is a beast when it's cold out for sure and especially on slightly uneven roads around 40-70mph. I've already replaced the front struts, tie rods and ends, rack bushings, ball joints, sway bar bushings and end links, and wheel hub/bearing assembly on both sides. I've got new urethane control arm bushings to put in but just haven't done it yet. it's lowered with bbk's and it jerks and sways all over the road once in a while. i was curious if i would need to replace my rack as it's stock from 94?? i know i need to get c/c plates i'm getting them friday but the rack is a concern too. what do you guys think? :eek:ccasion14:

97GT4.6

Reaction score
Damn, kyle you have put a lot into your car. mine does the same thing, especially under braking, but my frame is bent i believe.. so i just deal with it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010