what control arms?

95gtdrop

Reaction score
i am going to be putting the eibach pro srpings on my vert soon. as well as my 355 gears. i want some stronger control arms that can hold up to the wear and tear of daily driving and the occasional trip to the strip. should i get some adjustable Control arms or not? any brand over another? i also will be putting in rear torque box reinforcment plates from jegs.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Without a doubt, Go Maximum Motorsports.

You dont have to go with adjustable arms, but i did so i can get that ride height just perfect.

MMLowerArms.JPG

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Adjustable arms are nice for setting the ride height.

I also recommend MM for their control arms and bushing design.

Check the stickey in the Suspension forum for more info.
Also read up on Maximummotorsports.com on their control arm description. good stuff.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
says the guy that cant install brakes

Damn, your comment was just so retarded i cant think of anything more retard to say back...ohh well

retarded.jpg

94 DropTop

Reaction score
95gtdrop said:
i am going to be putting the eibach pro srpings on my vert soon. as well as my 355 gears. i want some stronger control arms that can hold up to the wear and tear of daily driving and the occasional trip to the strip. should i get some adjustable Control arms or not? any brand over another? i also will be putting in rear torque box reinforcment plates from jegs.
so what are you going to be using them for.

Shouldnt you be painting your calipers handz????????

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
Shouldnt you be painting your calipers handz????????

i am busy doing important things, like token it up while post whoring

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
95gtdrop - don't mind our post whoring in your thread here.

What do you think on the arms and what are you looking for?

OP
OP

95gtdrop

Reaction score
I don't think I need to go adjustable. Jeggs has some tubular arms and so does Lakewood. Do I need uppers for a daily driver that doesn't get used and abused?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i was suggest not getting a control arm that has a poly bushing on the axel side. It will wear out fast and need to be replaced plus it will bind. The pic i posted is the MM unit that uses Spherical on the axel side

94 DropTop

Reaction score
the uppers make it bind. Only do lowers if you want to replace your stock pieces get the FRPP they are pretty much a factory replacment for you. I put in Tubular poly uppers and mine binds. Just go for some bang for the buck if your just looking for an improvement, and not really going to abuse it. Hell my ebay ones were better than stock. If i can ever find some mega bite jrs they are coming off though.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Another vote for Maximum Motorosports only for the sole fact that I know they are done right. I'll be getting a set myself this spring

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
95gtdrop said:
I don't think I need to go adjustable. Jeggs has some tubular arms and so does Lakewood. Do I need uppers for a daily driver that doesn't get used and abused?

Stock or fordracing uppers are always recommend becuase of the geometry of the arms, they actually twist, and if you put too tight of a bushing in the upper arms, you get bind. Then you hear about the torque box and reinforcing the toruqe box - thats a red flag!
the suspension should not bind, and you should not need to reinforce the torque box area.

Standard MM lowers are priced reasonably, have excellent quality and better bushings.
You can also get a discount through a stangsuspension in our sponsor section.

I seriously recommend you read MM's write up on A arms on their site, they know what they're doing.
I went through my suspension a few times, started with cheap parts, then learned more about how it all works together adn was very impressed with their knowledge and helpfullness. ended up replacing most of what I started with.

Just my experience to base this recommendation on.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Standard MM lowers are the best all-around choice in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online