Lowering?

02GT

Reaction score
A friend of mine just put on some eibach sportlines on his 03 gt and said that the stock plates adjusted enough to where he didnt have to buy any caster camber plates. Anybody heard of this working out? Ive always heard that you need the caster camber plates or your car will ride like shit and you will go through tires like crazy.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I say get the camber caster plates. They are pretty cheap, they will save your tires because your car will be aligned properly, and they will give your shock proper travel. MM move shock mount higher than stock position, so it allows you to have the same shock travel even if the car is lowered.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
CC Plates are usually required once the car is dropped by a certain amount, I want to say around 2 to 2.5 inches. My last Mustang was dropped as is my current one and I dont have plates on either but I wouldn't mind it though.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
its usually after you drop it more then 1.5" you need the cc plates. I know people who dont run them with sportlines and ss, and they said they havent had any problems, but I would just so you wouldnt put anything in danger

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
02GT said:
A friend of mine just put on some eibach sportlines on his 03 gt and said that the stock plates adjusted enough to where he didnt have to buy any caster camber plates. Anybody heard of this working out? Ive always heard that you need the caster camber plates or your car will ride like shit and you will go through tires like crazy.

Basically, do shit right.

If your gonna lower your stang any more than an inch, get caster camber plates.

Its stupid to destroy hundreds of dollars of tires rather than just buy 200 dollar cc plates

OP
OP

02GT

Reaction score
I agree, well im looking to get the sportlines, just a minor drop not a whole lot. I'll be keeping all the ISO's in and everything. Would I be ok with getting the springs now and then maybe 1-2 months getting the CC plates?

GDawg

Reaction score
If you need the extra adjustment and can't afford new plates, you can modify your stock plates to work but just don't mangle them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online