PDA

View Full Version : lowering springs

96BLKGT
12-31-2008, 10:27 PM
i got my car and it had little things done to it like a full exhaust and short throw owned by an older guy and im 95% sure its lowered how can i tell if it is or not besides putting it next to another is there a way i can look at them and tell

GaryG
12-31-2008, 10:35 PM
ive had to do this several times w/ mine....but get under the car an look for a part #

i was told by the previous owner of my car it had eibach sportlines, well come to find out it has the eibach pro-kit

eliyarbrough
12-31-2008, 10:45 PM
Just try to see if you can pull some #'s from the springs. There are a lot of smart members on here! Surely one can help you.

duh09
01-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Obvious signs would be diffrent colored springs. C/C plates could be another give-away. Post some side shots, we might be able to tell.

eliyarbrough
01-01-2009, 08:20 PM
My stock were black. I think my Eibach's were that color too. Had 'Eibach' in white, I'm pretty sure of.

BigTang
01-01-2009, 08:39 PM
yeah stock black and eibach black look nothing alike though(dull black/shiny black w/ numbers on it), slide under the back of the car and take a look at the springs, if it has a little paper tag on it pull it off, its a ford production tag and will tell you if its the stock springs based off the date code/part number.
either that or measure the ride height, anything more than 14" from fender to center of the hub is stock(measure this way to avoid accounting for sidewall height)