lowering springs

96BLKGT

Reaction score
i got my car and it had little things done to it like a full exhaust and short throw owned by an older guy and im 95% sure its lowered how can i tell if it is or not besides putting it next to another is there a way i can look at them and tell

GaryG

Reaction score
ive had to do this several times w/ mine....but get under the car an look for a part #

i was told by the previous owner of my car it had eibach sportlines, well come to find out it has the eibach pro-kit

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Just try to see if you can pull some #'s from the springs. There are a lot of smart members on here! Surely one can help you.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Obvious signs would be diffrent colored springs. C/C plates could be another give-away. Post some side shots, we might be able to tell.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
My stock were black. I think my Eibach's were that color too. Had 'Eibach' in white, I'm pretty sure of.

BigTang

Reaction score
yeah stock black and eibach black look nothing alike though(dull black/shiny black w/ numbers on it), slide under the back of the car and take a look at the springs, if it has a little paper tag on it pull it off, its a ford production tag and will tell you if its the stock springs based off the date code/part number.
either that or measure the ride height, anything more than 14" from fender to center of the hub is stock(measure this way to avoid accounting for sidewall height)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online