Those with 03-04 A-arms

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
those of you that swaped to the 03-04 Cobra arms what kind of differences did you notice? What exactly are the upgrades.. I have some on the way and was just checking to see what to expect...

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i was about to do that swap as well.... but they are supposed to increase your turn radious and they are supposed to have better ball joints.

stang94X

Reaction score
as of what a lot of people say, they are a great swap, i dont know personally but a lot of people say they are, i was going to do the swap but then i realized that i have drag springs with 90/10 struts and no front sway bar so there was no point for me to buy a control arm for better steering ratio...lol

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
stang94X said:
as of what a lot of people say, they are a great swap, i dont know personally but a lot of people say they are, i was going to do the swap but then i realized that i have drag springs with 90/10 struts and no front sway bar so there was no point for me to buy a control arm for better steering ratio...lol

lol :p im guessing your car doesnt do the whole, turning thing, very well?

rgs

Reaction score
i have them on my car, didn't notice a huge difference in turning radius though lol

it did seem to tighten up the front end a little bit, probably because of the ball joints

95PGTTech

Reaction score
it raises the front up noticeably.
turning radius is DECREASED slightly.

other than that, nothing dramatic. I needed ball joints. I weighed just doing ball joints and the effort of pressing them out versus 03-04 arms versus tubular K, coilovers, and tubular arms.

stang94X

Reaction score
lol :p im guessing your car doesnt do the whole, turning thing, very well?
[/quote]

its definitely isnt meant to turn fast, i knew from day one of having the car it was meant to haul balls in a straight line, but if im just driving normal its fine turning as long as i go a little slower

ThePope

Reaction score
When I installed mine, I was very happy with the results. The increase wasn't to much. But enough for me to notice a difference.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
95PGTTech said:
it raises the front up noticeably.

i am rather amazed to see this. When i installed mine i added the Steeda X2 balljoints without the spacers and couldn't figure out why it didn't drop it more, this totally explains it.

That aside I liked the swap, allows room for 9" rims upfront with a wide tire to turn lock to lock with no rubbing, I think that's the best gain from them.

rgs

Reaction score
i still can't full lock mine :(

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
How much do they raise the front?

Thats crazy...but I guess its not such a big deal if you have sportlines

cntchds

Reaction score
My buddy just did the swap on his 01 Bullitt. He said he feels absolutely no difference from the ones he had before. They looked identical to the ones we took off of his car, but we figured that the ball joints and the bushings were the only differences. Do the stock 99+ look design wise the same? If so, I don't know how "worth it" the Cobra ones are over the GT's.

rgs

Reaction score
stang94X said:
that front end looks like it sits higher than stock
thats because it does. he has 03-04 cobra a-arms

95PGTTech

Reaction score
everything stock except for the arms in that picture, it's much higher than stock

stang94X

Reaction score
95PGTTech said:
everything stock except for the arms in that picture, it's much higher than stock

so basically since my steeda springs lowered my front end; i could put the 03 a-arms on and it would probably put it back to stock ride height

you said that you lost a little turning radius, i thought it was suppose to be better with turning

95PGTTech

Reaction score
less turning radius...as in the turning circle is smaller...that's a good thing.

I have no experience with Steeda springs.  After the arms, I went to MM road and track springs with their poly upper and lower isolators.  The front was still too high for my liking.

When I installed 2003-2004 Cobra Bilstein struts, I went ahead and took out the lower isolators (used duct tape to prevent noise) and I cut about 3/8" off the upper isolator in front and got this stance which I was happy with.

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t221/cjr2003firefly/?action=view&current=cobra001.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.