Mach 1 Bits.

cntchds

Reaction score
I'm buying a set of Mach 1 springs hopefully on Sunday. I think that these are the same as the ones on the Bullitt since they have the same spring rates, but I'm not sure. I've also looked into buying a set of the Tokicos that are stock on the Mach 1 and the Bullitt, yet the ones for the Bullitt are almost a hundred bucks more. What gives? I also wanted to know if it would be alright to drive on my stock shocks/struts for a couple weeks until I have the money to pay for the shocks/struts, or should I just wait?

Thanks a lot guys, and sorry for the possibly stupid questions.

:thumbsup:

stang94X

Reaction score
yeah the stock ones would be fine but id wait anyways and do it all at once

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Mine have 210k miles on them, but they are working fine. I am wondering if I should buy the shocks/struts for the Mach 1 or if it's fine to just use the ones I have for good. If I can, then I can afford to get Mach 1 brakes (notice a pattern?) but if it is really ideal to get the shocks/struts then I can wait on the brakes until I save up another few hundred bucks.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Just picked up the springs, and still want to find out if I have to get the shocks and struts or if running without them is fine rather than stupid. Let me know so that I don't want to blow out my shocks and struts, so I'd be willing to wait if that is a possibility.

stang94X

Reaction score
running the stock struts/shocks are fine, it just a plus if you upgrade to Tokicos

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
The only reason I wanted to know was because of the jump in spring rate. The GT ones were 450/200 and the Mach 1 ones are 600/250 F/R. I thought that at least in the front that would be enough to possibly be bad for the shocks/struts. Thanks.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
You should get the Bullitt suspension kit from Stangsuspension.com. You get the drop springs, shocks/struts, and front and rear sway bars for like $500, pretty good deal!

future9er24

Reaction score
well he already picked up the Mach springs for about $70, its cheaper to get the mach shocks/struts than it is to get the whole kit

still a good deal though, he just found a better one

it will be interesting to see if his car will now outhandle my bullitt. they'll have essentially the same suspension, but his car weighs less..

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
I still think the Subframe Connectors would be night and day. They tie the car together so well...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online