SFCs for Side Exhaust?

cntchds

Reaction score
I have Borla side exhaust on my car and want to know if any other SFCs will fit other than the Roush ones. I would be willing to pick those up since they aren't that expensive, but I don't know how good they are compared to other ones available.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the roushes are the only one's I've seen, and they're more of a stiffener that goes to the pinch-weld.
they do help some, but not as much as subframes.
full subs go right where the side exit pipe is.

side2.jpg

roushsubs2.jpg

MadStang

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
the roushes are the only one's I've seen, and they're more of a stiffener that goes to the pinch-weld.
they do help some, but not as much as subframes.
full subs go right where the side exit pipe is.

Justin Starkey, the owner of VMPtuning, created full length subframe connectors for side exit. he sold them awhile ago on a v6 mustang site. If i had side exit back then I would've definitely picked them up..

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Would it be bad to say that those look sweet? I found a site that sells them for about 130 a pair, so cheaper than the Spintech ones, but those look more like the standard kind. I think I'm going to go with the Roush ones since those look like there is no doubt they will fit, I'm just curious if there was any real noticeable difference before and after. Thanks for the pic Dalamar, I've been wondering how they were installed.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Custom usually= money. Which I don't have a whole lot of. I had a different thought, though. What about buying a good set of sfc's and cutting/reinforcing a divot so that the connectors keep most of their integrity, as well as allowing for the side exhaust? Just throwing out ideas, because I don't really know how else to stiffen the chassis.

snoball

Reaction score
Dal, what muffler is that? I need new ones for my side exit and have dynomax now and its kind of quiet. Those look to be a bit louder and less restrictive piping wise.

94 DropTop

Reaction score
or you could just buy the spintech ones which already have this done. GO TO THEIR WEB SITE.

BigTang

Reaction score
looking at the roush ones i would hold out for something better. they bolt to a point that has the ability to flex and even tear over time causing much bigger issues. while its better than nothing, its probably worth the extra money to go w/ the spintechs.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snoball said:
Dal, what muffler is that? I need new ones for my side exit and have dynomax now and its kind of quiet. Those look to be a bit louder and less restrictive piping wise.

they were flowmasters, came with the roush kit.
had a nice tone, it did pop durring deceleration, but I think that the exhaust manifolds play a part in that.

MadStang

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Snoball said:

had a nice tone, it did pop durring deceleration, but I think that the exhaust manifolds play a part in that.

link me please. I never found flowmaster side exit mufflers and when i get LT's that would absolutely make my car sound droolworthy.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
or you could just buy the spintech ones which already have this done. GO TO THEIR WEB SITE.

My real question was if they are sure to fit with the Borlas that I already have, instead of them only working on the Spintechs.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MadStang said:
Dalamar said:
Snoball said:

link me please. I never found flowmaster side exit mufflers and when i get LT's that would absolutely make my car sound droolworthy.

this was in 98. I believe they switched a few times since then.
It had a nice low sound, droned a little, and was loud!!

FIXED!

MadStang

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
MadStang said:
Dalamar said:
Snoball said:

this was in 98. I believe they switched a few times since then.
It had a nice low sound, droned a little, and was loud!!

I'm confused what's the response to my post?? lol.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
I'd love to find something other than these Borla's... They are so quiet...

94 DropTop

Reaction score
do your exhaust pipes flatten out towards the tip a lil bit. If so then the spintechs will fit. If not nothing will fit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online