Foxbody Rear Shocks

1996GT

Reaction score
My 96 is lowered around 2 inches and i was wondering if i can install foxbody shocks for the rears. The stock ones are shot and i only need the rears i got a decent set-up up front. thanks

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Hey does he have to use aftermarket shocks or can he use Stock foxbody shocks... I have some stock FB ones laying around and was going to throw them on mine if its ok....

Scarface

Reaction score
Fox shoks are fine as long as your car is lowered. THe fox shock is a shorted shock overall, and allows less bottoming out. THats what blows out the shocks/struts on a lowered car.

OP
OP
1996GT

1996GT

Reaction score
so i went ahead and installed the foxbody rear shocks in my 96 and they were not much better than the blown sensatracs that i removed. Does it matter what brand fox shocks you install? I just bought the gabriels and put those on. Maybe thats my mistake?? Ive read mixed reviews about this so if anybody has done it it would great to read some feedback.

blackpony

Reaction score
the rear shocks on a fox are almost identical to the sn95 with the exception that the foxes are shorter when compressed and longer when extended.... i have done some research on this as i almost bought a set of kyb's for a fox... the fronts are shorter so unless your car is lowered they will not work.... i had a set of strange front struts on my 95 with eibach sportlines and when i would go down rolling roads they would try to over extend... i would not recommend putting fox struts on the front of a sn95 car... but the rears are perfectly fine.... hope this helps...

Spooling2Valve

Reaction score
i had a set of gabriel fox shocks for the rear of my sn95 and it rode harsh, i put the sn95 kyb rears and it rode 110 percent better. it may be in the brand of shock too.

GearGambler

Reaction score
i'm a fan of the tokico premiums (blue ones) for daily driving, and the strange 10ways for a street / strip weekend warrior type.

the difference from sn95 to fox body is 1 inch of travel for the front struts and the back shocks.

is the rest of the rear suspension OK on your car? meaning the bushings in the control arms, rear housing bushings, etc? if the stock rubber bushings are blown out, it makes for a sloppy ride.

same goes for the front - cc plates, urethane bushings in the lower control arms, sway bar and end links will definately help with the sloppyness.

OP
OP
1996GT

1996GT

Reaction score
Busings are in decent shape. I was thinking about replacing all of 'em in the fall. I gonna go ahead and install a pair of decent shocks see if it helps any.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online