steeda ball joints

stang94X

Reaction score
are the steeda x2 ball joints any better than the regular motorcraft ones, the steeda ones are $130 for both and the motorcraft ones are like $120 or so for both

i was originally thinking about getting the 03 cobra arms cause in another thread it was talking about how it raises the front a little bit, but now i acually need ball joints and the cobra arms are like $260 or something like that, so are the ball joints in the cobra arms any better than the other ones or should i just buy the steeda ball joints and some poly bushings and spring isos

i dont care about steering radius or anything, im just wondering what ball joints are better, if the cobra ball joints are better than steeda; assuming that they are just not the regular motorcraft ones, then i'll get them cobra arms, and if theyre not then i'll get the steeda ball joints and some poly bushings and spring isos

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
supposedly the steeda ones lower the car (and in turn, the center of gravity) if i recall correctly.

if they are $10.00 more, i would think about getting them. remember you have to press them in. (so take it to a shop, or rent a press)

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
the X2 ball joints only lower the car if you install them without the spring spacers, but that defeats the purpose of them I believe cause it's made to be used with them to better position the suspension. Keep in mind if you install the 03 A arms with the stock stuff it's going to raise your front end up. I installed the 03 A arms and X2 ball joints without the spacers and i think the height pretty much broke even.

OP
OP
S

stang94X

Reaction score
what you you mean by spring spacers, are you talking about the isos, cause i dont have the front ones

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
the X2 ball joints only lower the car if you install them without the spring spacers, but that defeats the purpose of them I believe cause it's made to be used with them to better position the suspension. Keep in mind if you install the 03 A arms with the stock stuff it's going to raise your front end up. I installed the 03 A arms and X2 ball joints without the spacers and i think the height pretty much broke even.

they raise the hieght of the ride? ... great... exactly what i need ..... lol

OP
OP
S

stang94X

Reaction score
so the steeda x2 lower it, well i cant have that, i was originally going to get the cobra arms to raise the front a little, so i quess i'll just keep with that route since they come with ball joints

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
stang94X said:
what you you mean by spring spacers, are you talking about the isos, cause i dont have the front ones

no not the isos, the X2 ball joints come with a spring spacer to keep the ride the same height. not using them causes a drop in ride height.

MustangChris said:
OnyxCobra said:

they raise the hieght of the ride? ... great... exactly what i need ..... lol

yes, there was some info on it in the 03 Cobra A arm thread in the suspension section.

stang94X said:
so the steeda x2 lower it, well i cant have that, i was originally going to get the cobra arms to raise the front a little, so i quess i'll just keep with that route since they come with ball joints

they only lower it if you don't use the spring spacers. getting the Cobra arms by themselves will raise the front up...

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
MustangChris said:
that sucks. lol

so pull your isos out when you install them, or put in the X2 ball joints and leave the spacer out. That's what I did and my car sits about level.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Steeda X2 ball joints are there for improving the front end geometry, by creating more space between the spindle and the lower control arm, and there by giving you better angle of the control arms, and in return better roll center. The effect is mostly for the coilover cars, because the spring sits on the shock, which sits on the spindle. This is why they came with spring spacer for stock cars. It's a cheap patch to help with front roll center on lowered cars. A better but more expensive route would be to raise the control arm mounting points by getting a road race K-member.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
Steeda X2 ball joints are there for improving the front end geometry, by creating more space between the spindle and the lower control arm, and there by giving you better angle of the control arms, and in return better roll center. The effect is mostly for the coilover cars, because the spring sits on the shock, which sits on the spindle. This is why they came with spring spacer for stock cars. It's a cheap patch to help with front roll center on lowered cars. A better but more expensive route would be to raise the control arm mounting points by getting a road race K-member.

when i get my MM a arms, im just going to leave those ball joints in... im sure MM does plently of design and research into it...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.