rear gear

i_love_my_stang

Reaction score
im just about to install the pinion gear in my diff, it already has the bearings on it, just wondering do i just put it in torque it to spec and its good to go? or is their anything else i check

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
Whoa! Installing a ring-n-pinion is an artform. Nothing less. It can be the difference between the set lasting 30K or indefinitely. If you have never done this, as I suspect, you need to get some assistance before you go any further. I have seen this done but have never performed it myself.

Is this gearset new? Have you pressed the new pinion bearing races in the axle housing yet? New pinion crush sleeve?

Do a search on the subject. :book1: Getting it right takes time & patience. Even pro's assemble & dis-assemble it many times to get it right.

GT

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
im with GT do some more research this is not a simple task if you have never done them before.

here is a DYI for gears:

click here

OP
OP
I

i_love_my_stang

Reaction score
it was a used set i got out of someones truck, so the pinion already has the bearings pressed on but ya i need to do somemore reading on iti can figure everything else out its just the pinion gear part im not 100% sure on

OP
OP
I

i_love_my_stang

Reaction score
dammit i shoulda taken it in, but now its in pieces lol well i have to finish it now wish me luck

OP
OP
I

i_love_my_stang

Reaction score
lol thanks, so far the worst part has been how tight everything is, i cant get the driveshaft bolts out, and i had to break a abs sensor

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online