Can I install QA1 Coilovers with no caster/camber plate?

W

whitebullet

Hey guys I just bought a set of QA1 front coilovers for my 94 GT, but I wanted to know if I need caster/camber plates or could I just get away without one?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lowering the car? i believe the stock CCs only allow for so much adjustment..

what my friends did was lowered the car (and did coil overs) and just left the CCs and ate through tires... they just threw on $100.00 tires for a few months... then they decided to get the CC plates... id personally suggest the $150.00 plates... hell, i got chrome name brand ones for $250.00

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
To answer your bottom line question, yes it will work. You use the same bolt on top of the strut, so mounting on top is the same. Everything
connecting as far as strut to strut tower is the same, since you are basically moving the spring from between the chassis and the k-member
to around the strut. So it will work, but as mentioned, your alignment angles will be greatly off. Drivability problems, as well as severe tire
wear can result.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
I would assume so. You would probably have to read the instructions, Unless they say "Coilovers may only be installed with aftermarket
c/c plates" then you shouldn't have any problems.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Definately YES!

With coil overs you have ALL the weight riding on the struts, where before the spring carried the weight into the strut tower.
MM 4-bolt coilovers are highly recommended. 3 bolt is pushing it because the outer bolt has too much load.

and the comment about wanting plates for adjustment on a lowerd car is also correct.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online