G-load brace

Magic

Reaction score
Im looking into a G-load brace for my car...been looking at the 4pt one from Maximum Motorsports...

Cpl questions on these braces in general:

Good mod? Pros? Cons?

Can it be used with longtube headers? If not which one (brand) will clear?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
If you're talking about K-member brace, you could possibly benefit from it if you are doing track and stuff like stiffen up the front end. Stock K-member already has a crossbrace, but it's pretty weak. If you are planning on replacing the K-member with a tubular one eventually, then it's pretty pointless, because it will not work with aftermarket k-members. Maximum Motorsport k-member comes with a crossbrace anyway.

OP
OP
Magic

Magic

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
If you're talking about K-member brace, you could possibly benefit from it if you are doing track and stuff like stiffen up the front end. Stock K-member already has a crossbrace, but it's pretty weak. If you are planning on replacing the K-member with a tubular one eventually, then it's pretty pointless, because it will not work with aftermarket k-members. Maximum Motorsport k-member comes with a crossbrace anyway.

No plans for a tubular K-member anytime soon...

cntchds

Reaction score
The G-Load brace I just installed today rubs against the stock cats... Also, it bolts to the frame, not the K member, so it doesn't really matter if you have a stock or tubular K member. I bought the MAC unit which was pretty cheap, and I can't say I feel anything, but then again it isn't something I think you'd notice just driving around town. I really need to get around to a track day...

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Maybe Mac Performance G-load brace connects to the chassis somewhere, but MM piece connects to the K-member, and becomes useless when you order tubular piece, because MM piece already has that brace. I'd like to see what you mean about the Mac piece though. Got any pics?

cntchds

Reaction score
Here's a pic of it. I guess it is somewhat connected to the K-member, but it is through to the chassis itself, I think. Also it hits up against my cat on the driver side under acceleration and it makes a horrible tapping sound. Something I need to figure out when I do my suspension stuff this weekend.

96sohc

Reaction score
I would think you could spend the money more effectively elsewhere.

cntchds

Reaction score
IMG_0799.jpg

It didn't really feel any different.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
unless your throwing mad twisting torque its useless. subframes or a rollcage are the main differences. matrix brace are good for road racing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online