New Suspension Bits.

cntchds

Reaction score
I just got in a set of Blue HD Tokicos shocks and struts, Steeda 3-bolt C/C plates, a set of Mach 1 springs, a pair of Bullitt A-arms (same physical shape as the Cobras so I expect the 10% decrease in turning radius, without the super strong bushings which my buddy who owns the Bullitt they came off of says ), and a MAC G-Load brace.

I installed the G-Load brace today, and felt no difference, but as I stated in another thread I can't feel any difference. Honestly, I didn't really expect to since I'm just street driving, but I got it for Christmas, so yay for free mods.

0131091146.jpg

I just was fairly excited about everything being here, so I thought I would share.  :icon_rr:

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
And being very tired last night I forgot to pose my actual question... What would you guys do for more suspension mods? I can't really lower my car much more because I use it as a daily driver, so it's really just a matter of things other than what I already have... Any ideas? My buddy suggested a panhard bar to replace my worn out 200k mile upper control arms, but I don't know how comfortable I'd be taking them out... But yes, please let me know of any ideas for supporting mods to the suspension. I want to do an engine rebuild this summer, which is why I'm avoiding putting any money into it just yet.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hahahahah, i should take a picture of my garage for you right now... lol... i bought a gauge bezzle, and my drivers side ball joint went out... so i bought:

03 cobra a-arms
99 cobra steering rack
MM steering shaft
MM aluminum steering rack bushings
BBK Gripp lowering springs (1.5")
Prothyne (sp?) full car bushing kit
Prothyne sway bar end links (1.5" drop)
MM bumb stop
Tokico Shocks/struts
new valve cover gaskets
MM solid motor mounts
MM strut covers
MM chrome caster camber plates
99-04 brake dust sheilds
drilled rotors
brake pads
full length weld-in sub frame connectors

things i still need to get: bump steer

things that im doing thats not suspension:
A/F ratio gauge
Vacuum gauge
gage bezzle
FRPP differencial cover
Filter mag on oil filter and in differencial
shifter gasket
valve covergaskets
header bolts
hood pins

... lol....

needless to say:

my ENTIRE front end is missing (except for the k-member)
my interior is at... 25% left in the car...
my trunk is empty
and my rear axle has been dropped. lol...

:)

if you plan on keeping your suspension nearly stock-set up (not lowering, no coil overs) i suggest an Eibach sway bar kit, new bushings all around, cobra a-arms (when your stock ball joints go out... and they will go out... lol) tubular k member, sub frame connectors, and a solid steering shaft... and call it good :)

as for those who want to flame for me suggesting the solid steering shaft... no, its not really needed, but for a 2-bolt install, why not?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
MustangChris said:
hahahahah, i should take a picture of my garage for you right now... lol... i bought a gauge bezzle, and my drivers side ball joint went out... so i bought:

Prothyne sway bar end links (1.5" drop)

didn't know they made these ?? link

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Win

Legend
Reaction score
oh ok there just shorter to go with a dropped car. They don't drop the car itself i was very confused i was like WTF i know just putting new linkage assem on will not drop the car.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
95convgt said:
oh ok there just shorter to go with a dropped car. They don't drop the car itself i was very confused i was like WTF i know just putting new linkage assem on will not drop the car.

lol, my bad... i should have been more clear :p

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
I will, without a doubt eventually go to coil overs, but this is just the interim setup. I do want to keep a fairly good ride height to keep it usable everyday. I really want to use subframe connectors, and am trying to get a set of spintech's so that I can buy their sfc's since nothing will fit with the Borlas I have right now. Chassis stiffening can only go so far though.

Next on my list is a pair of Mach 1 front brakes to make sure that I have more than enough stopping power when I add some power.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online