Need some help....widened the rear factory cobra wheels & Lowering car?!!?

93lxtc

Reaction score
need some help....

I just got this ride..

http://sn95forums.com/index.php?topic=34144.0

and I want to lower the car, tips? I have a set of H&R red race springs..in the garage brand new, how much will these lower the car? ..or at least widened the rear factory cobra wheels. Has anyone done this? I want to try and stay away from the spacer thing! Has anyone done this? any pictures you can post up? and tips? or companies whome sell wjheels already done, or a company I can send my wheels to? I'm located in Plano Texas!!

Thanks,
Chris

ReplicaR

Reaction score
The amount you usually spent on widening one wheel is astronomical, and makes no sense at all from cost P.O.V. The other thing that has to chave is the spacing, to accommodate the wider wheels, so there is no way of going around the spacer. Better off just getting some Cobra Rs or anything else that's 17x9 from factory.

H&R Race will drop the car about an inch in the back, depending on how worn the stock suspension is. I had Cobra Rs and H&R Race springs, and have had no problems at all with rubbing other than in hard corners with a lot of load, but that's a different question all together.

blackpony

Reaction score
what are your goals chris??? are you wanting a wider stance in the rear? or just wanting a wider wheel.... i am looking into getting a set of 1 inch spacers for the rear of mine as the front sets about 1-1 1/2 inch wider then the rear and looks retarded.....

OP
OP

93lxtc

Reaction score
Want it to look better...and I like the look of the stock wheel with a fat tire on it!!
I heard the spacers are not a safe way to go!?!

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
A hub centric spacer from what I hear is pretty safe. I've got some coming in the mail. Should be here next week. Im not sure if its actually hubcentric, but the kinda spacer i mean has new lugs coming out of it so you dont lose any threads

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I had those on my car. Sold it to some road racer. Last I heard, he's still using them on the race car. Mine were made by H&R.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online