So i need new Ball joints....

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys well when i was working on grinding down the Factory spindle last night to accept the Dual Piston brake upgrade. I noticed that my ball joints are shot. I need new ones pretty bad. So i am looking and it seems that since they have to be pressed in and i will have the Lower control arm off. I might as well upgrade the springs while i am in there when i am doing all this along with the New Calipers and all. I would love to do a whole K member setup but i don't know if i can justify spending 750 bucks for everything i will need right now. I was thinking of just doing the Steeda X2 ball joints along with new springs while i have the A arm off. Does anyone have any suggestions on which ones i should use. Any good or bad ???

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
95convgt said:
Hey guys well when i was working on grinding down the Factory spindle last night to accept the Dual Piston brake upgrade. I noticed that my ball joints are shot. I need new ones pretty bad. So i am looking and it seems that since they have to be pressed in and i will have the Lower control arm off. I might as well upgrade the springs while i am in there when i am doing all this along with the New Calipers and all. I would love to do a whole K member setup but i don't know if i can justify spending 750 bucks for everything i will need right now. I was thinking of just doing the Steeda X2 ball joints along with new springs while i have the A arm off. Does anyone have any suggestions on which ones i should use. Any good or bad ???

good budget and quality: FRPP
prothyne bushings/isos.

:)

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You could just buy complete lower control arms brand new from Ford with them already pressed in.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
You could just buy complete lower control arms brand new from Ford with them already pressed in.

+1 I was on the same situation and i just upgraded and ordered the 03 Cobras arms.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
javi said:
J.R. said:

+1 I was on the same situation and i just upgraded and ordered the 03 Cobras arms.

me too... waiting for them to arrive next wed.

El_Diablo

Reaction score
you can buy complete control arms from advance auto aswell ;)

OP
OP
W

Win

Legend
Reaction score
javi said:
J.R. said:

MustangChris said:
javi said:
J.R. said:

me too... waiting for them to arrive next wed.

Not really too keen on raising up the car more then it already is... and only 10% less in the steering reduction I think the X2 ball joints would be stronger then a factory product cobra arm ball joint....

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if you get the cobras, you can replace them with the X2s to lower it a little... from what ive read on this site.. :p

red281gt

Reaction score
I had a set of x2 and all of a sudden they disappeared and i got them when steeda sold them for cheaper than they are now. :-(

OP
OP
W

Win

Legend
Reaction score
For the money situation i will probably just order a Set of X2's and do my Dual piston brakes and try to do the springs while i am down there..... Although people are saying that a coil over system is a world of difference. So i am kinda in a tustle about what to do :(

red281gt

Reaction score
lol. just think if you had them you could adjust your front ride height just about any time you want, just as long as you adjust your cc plates to compensate.

OP
OP
W

Win

Legend
Reaction score
anyone have any links to some good pairs for a decent price ?? I guess if i were to go with coilovers then i would go with a Tubular a arm

OP
OP
W

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I have been looking at the QA1 stuff i was thinking of going the whole setup K member and all along with tubular A arms everything QA1

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i couldnt afford coil overs..... . :-( i wanted MM tubular coil overs sooooo bad.... oh well, some day... :-D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99