Aftermarket Quad-shocks

Mr.Bolt-on

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knew if getting stiffer quadshocks would help my suspension any??? I never really thought about the quad-shocks before, so I decided to look and see if anyone made stiffer ones, or better ones. I found a couple of companies that actually do make them, but are they worth it???

I was thinking better quad-shocks + lower control arms would probably be a good combination, but I don't know...

OP
OP
M

Mr.Bolt-on

Reaction score
Anyways, I know people usually remove the quadshocks when they go to a rediculously large rear tire, I mean really... is an 12 to 13 inch wide tire all that necessary??? Yes, I'd assume on a track only drag car, but I remember seeing an article in 5.0 mustang once where they put lower control arms and bilstein quadshocks on a fox body mustang.

I guess it's worth the try, especially if better traction and handling can be acquired.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
im putting ACDelco quads on mine... they were $20.00 each from www.rockauto.com ... how could I say no? might as well... i have wheel hop, so new shocks, new quads, new springs, and new bushing should take care of that for me...

one little mustang trick for putting on larger tires is to just reverse your quad shock, so the larger part is near the brake instead of the trunk..... :)

red281gt

Reaction score
I say just ditch the quads and get a good pair of lower control arms like Maximum Motorsports

GearGambler

Reaction score
i agree - ditch the quads. put some decent shocks on there with some good lower control arms and you'll be good to go.

MrMustang

Reaction score
New quadshocks are a waste of cash. Use the money on a good set of LCA's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.