FInally coming down the home strech...

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well fellas, with a lota help from my friend Sean, and some advice on minor issues from you guys... my car is slowly getting pieced back together :-D

heres the run down:

What went wrong:
Drivers side ball joint started squeeking.
passenger side valve cover leaked.
drivers side header had 3 bolts holding it in.
got new rotors for Christmas
Estimated cost to fix: $250.00

heres what i did.

suspension changes:
03/04 cobra front lower control arms
99 cobra steering rack
MM solid steering shaft
OEM brake pads
royal purple ATF fluid (power steering system)
99-04 GT brake dust sheilds
MM full length weld in black powder coated sub frame connectors
BBK Gripp springs (1.5" drop)
tokico shocks/struts
ACDelco quad shocks
MM bump stop
new bushings 100% around the entire suspension
drill-in type bump steer kit
new sway bar end links (for 1.5"+ drop)

tune up changes:
screamin' deamon coils
new wires
NGK plugs
headers bolts
header gaskets
new collector gaskets
FRPP axle girdle
Royal purple differencial lube
FRPP posi additive
Cobrabob shifter gasket
royal purple ATF fluid (T45 flush)
new fuel filter
full moble 1 oil change
Napa gold oil filter
Filter mag on oil filter
Filter mag in differencial
Magnetic oil pan plug
cleaned the air filter
cleaned the MAF
cleaned the IAT
cleaned the TB
cleaned the battery terminals
replaced battery terminal felt washers
polished chrome
drained the PCV catch can

Other upgrades:
A/F narrowband gauge
relocated my vacuum gauge
autometer bezzle for guages

:)

i just felt like telling someone.... after a month of waiting for parts, the cobra A arms are all that are left. and im tired of not being able to show off my pony! :-(

ill take pics tonight :-D

mikey94gt

Reaction score
how come you no call me to come play? j/k, sounds like a pretty solid setup!!!

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
because its a very slow process... lol... last night we got the lower control arms in..... . . . that took 7 hours... >.< lol... i added oil, and added plugs... that was last night...

ill probably give you a call when the cobra a arms get in :-D im sure you me and sean can FLY through the front suspension! :-D right now its just slow steady BS work untill all the parts show up... then we plan on hitting the grindstone... ya know? why rush if you're not gunna finish tonight anyways. lol

dafizuck

Reaction score
All sounds good... I personally didnt care for the bbk springs, but that was preference.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
I thought you already had all the parts in the garage, my bad!!! def. give me a call when you get them all.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
dafizuck said:
All sounds good... I personally didnt care for the bbk springs, but that was preference.

trust me... they are temporary... they were the cheepest, so thats why i got them. lol.

mikey94gt said:
I thought you already had all the parts in the garage, my bad!!! def. give me a call when you get them all.

everything except for:
bump steer kit
1 quad shock
cobra a arms

we will probably finish up the rear end tonight... they shipped my a-arms today :-D so as soon as they come in we can do the front, but untill then.... :-( i gotta wait at a stand still for the front... >.< the minute they hit my doorstep ill give ya a call :-D

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Cool. I have to go home next weekend for family stuffs, I will be gone all weekend.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well... i hope i get them in on friday then.. lol. then we can do it this weekend :-D

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
no plans??A?1?!/!?!/! well now you have BOG plans!!!!!

the a-arms should arrive on friday... :) we can do them friday or saturday. what would you prefer? :-D remember, i need to get the car aligned as well... so ... lol... i would prefer friday night over saturday, but its no big deal...

mikey94gt

Reaction score
well, my plans include hangin out at sonic's on Sunday, laughing at the stupid ricers. and going to a party sunday afternoon. Friday works, we can definitely do friday. fridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfriday works. cuz then we can roll to Sonic's as a crew, lol!!

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
mikey94gt said:
well, my plans include hangin out at sonic's on Sunday, laughing at the stupid ricers. and going to a party sunday afternoon. Friday works, we can definitely do friday. fridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfridayfriday works. cuz then we can roll to Sonic's as a crew, lol!!

ew, i hate sonic. lol. but of course ill roll with ya :-D lol. all those damned evos and STis... yuck.... makes me want to slap a blower on my car... lol.

GDawg

Reaction score
Damn Chris... for all the money you've spent recently, I say, slap on a blower! DO IT! :thumbsup:

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Yeah, blower chris!!!!

Wherever you wanna cruise is cool with me, lol!!

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
maybe we can cruise to visit g dawg to hit up some strip clubs. LOL!

and im seriously looking into a blower set up now... i just want to get this thing to hit 13.5 and leave it for a while. im tired of "15 seconds of fury" lol.

after this suspension thing... my car should be good to go for quite some time... this is a full tune up (excluding rear brakes, and radiator flush) so..... i should be able to save up for a used procharger kit...

waht do you guys thing? N2O or centrifical blower?

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Lets see if we can find some used T4's off a car somewhere, I know a few guys that can weld, and I have access to a nice welder. I bet we can do 10's with some nice turbo stuff!! (I should do this to my car, lol!!)

I would go nitrous, then blower, as you can use the nitrous to get off the line and cool the intake charge. only like a 25 or 50 shot though.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yea. i was thinking a 50 shot just to hit 13.999 then throw on my P&P PIs.... :)

mikey94gt

Reaction score
You could get away with a 100-150 shot with your current heads, probably. I ran a stock 5.0 with a 150 shot for about a year, every weekend. The only thing I broke was the cheapo stock sled type rockers. damn near bent them in half!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online