Need opinions on tubular k members and coilovers. Have questions too.

snoball

Reaction score
I keep considering doing a upr kit or a qa1. Anyone have experience with either? :dontknow: And is there any major difference between them and the MM ones? Also when i get the a arms are the balljoints already pressed in? I literally just put in steeda x2 balljoints in my stock a arms and the steeda endlink arms (i reuse those correct with my steering shaft right?). I have the 4 bolt mm cc plates so im good as far as coilvers concern correct? My car is mostly a streetcar but i want a decent ride and trust me the setup i have now feels like a 4x4 and with new shock/struts and everything involved is close to the cost of a tubular and coilover kit.

Let me know what your running and how you like it.

Also if theres anything extra that popped up you didnt expect let me know. Thanks :icon_rr:

mikey94gt

Reaction score
You wont need the X2 balljoints, as they are a band aid to fix the crappy stock suspension. I believe you can get the A arms with balljoints already there, they use the stockers. QA1 is a drag race suspension, so emphasis on lightness. they are decent strong, but if you are gonna drive your car on the street, get the MM, as it will never break. also, if you wanna go coilovers, both systems need the coilover kit.

What do you do most with your car? street, drag, autoX, road race? this will determine what rate spring and coilover you go with. (90/10 for drag, koni red for street, Koni Yellow for autoX and road race)

I am running the Griggs control arms and K member, with 350# specific rate springs and Koni yellow race shocks. It drives like a different car!!! Super flat cornering, no nose dive in hard stops, sure footing everywhere.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
everyday i regret not getting front tubular coil over set up instead of what i did get.... . :-( i suggest MM tubular set up for a DD

OP
OP
S

snoball

Reaction score
MM cost a damn fortune. What about about a aje piece? My car is a street car. gets raced there etc, never goes to the track. i dont do auto x/drifting etc lol

mikey94gt

Reaction score
In that case, you could get away with one of the light weight drag pieces. AJE does pretty good stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online