Alot of bouncing.

JR98

Reaction score
O.k guys i just put in some H&R SuperSport springs with all new poly isolators in my car yesterday, i went for a drive and the ride quality was not what i expected it to be compared to the ride quality from my stock springs these make the car bounce up and down alot i could feel everything on the road i don't know if that's normal cause its my 1st car i put lowering springs in. What do u guys think?

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
what struts- shocks you have? if stock you should really think about upgrading.

OP
OP
J

JR98

Reaction score
I still have the stock shocks and struts. What would work good with the springs i just got on to eliminate most of all that bouncing i have right now, I'm kind of on a budget from the springs and installations.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
do some tokico blue, a lot of members have them and they like them, plus the arent that expensive. i think you can get the set for like lees than 300.

pm any of our sponsor such as artspeformance. he has some great deals.

OP
OP
J

JR98

Reaction score
O.k thank you i was just looking right now on ebay, what do u think on KYB AGX adjustable shocks and struts. Will those work.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
JR98 said:
O.k thank you i was just looking right now on ebay, what do u think on KYB AGX adjustable shocks and struts. Will those work.

they are nice, but i thought you were kinda on a budget.

OP
OP
J

JR98

Reaction score
I am but i found some on ebay for $300 thats what u said i would get those blue ones for. so if i get these will that eliminate the bouncing problem i have now.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
JR98 said:
I am but i found some on ebay for $300 thats what u said i would get those blue ones for. so if i get these will that eliminate the bouncing problem i have now.

more likely, but dont expect your car to ride like a dream, once you lowered your car you just sacrifice the ride. unless you get a good set of struts-schoks.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Most aftermarket springs are between 10% and 25% stiffer, depending on manufacturer. If you get aftermarket struts and shocks, that should help the ride. H&R springs ride better than most, I think. The shocks listed in this thread will work great with your combo, or you could call H&R and see what they recommend with their springs.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
H&R website recommends performance shocks, but Super Sport spring rate is pretty mild, so something cheap will do you just fine.

OP
OP
J

JR98

Reaction score
O.k thank you very much guys so if i go with some KYB AGX Adjustable shocks and struts i will be fine, i will minimise the bousing problem i have right now.

reldapimp

Reaction score
I had KYB Adjustables on my car when I bought it. And I think supersport spings...

I upgraded to Koni Double Adjustable Yellow Struts and Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks with sportlines.

Night+Day difference. Do it right the first time.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Koni DA are just a wee bit over kill for his application. That's the kind of shock you want to run with high spring rate coilovers. What probably made the most difference in your case is the spring rate, because you went from a mild performance spring to a spring with HUGE progressive rate which starts near stock at zero compression.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
aftermarket struts and shocks will definitely solve your problem. I am impressed with how well my car rides every time I drive it for how low it is, part of what makes H&R so great imo.

OP
OP
J

JR98

Reaction score
Hey Onixcobra what springs do u have with what shock/struts?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online