03 cobra a arms
MM solid steering shaft
bbk gripp springs
tokico shocks/struts
mm caster camber plates
mm aluminum bushings (rack and pinion)
prothayne bushings everywhere else
end links for lowered car
bump steer kit for aftermarket k-member (drill out spindle type)

heres the problem:
when turning right, my wheel will stay right eventhough Im going straight. so basically. i make a right turn, then after i straighten the car out the wheel stays pointing right slightly (as if my alignment is off.) the EXACT same thing happens with it going to the left side.

I also hear a loud "THUMP" when my wheel straightens out. I called MM and they (eventually) had me losen the R&P bushings. This HELPED the alignment problem, but was not a perfect fix. It also solved the "thump" problem.

Any suggestions on the alignment issue? im out of ideas... i double checked the instructions on the parts we installed and we did a pretty good job... theres plenty of space between the header and the steering shaft... why does the wheel stay to the side i turn the car to? im thinking i need to tighten the R&P bushing just a tiny bit, anyone else got any ideas? my car is at the shop right now getting tires...... :violent1: so... help me out. lol

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
i had the same problem and it ended up been the bump steer kit.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
the bumpsteer kit would be the outer tie rod replacement, no? Since that's what turns your car, I'd guess it would be those. When did you start noticing the problem?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online