lowering and sn95 length struts

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
So when I bought the car I planned fully on not going to low, or to aggressive with the suspension, however most of you know how that goes and pretty much here I sit 9 months later wanting it lower for my wheels. I have tokico blue kit and steeda sports, nothing aggressive, handles well, rides nice, it's a good package deal. This is all sn95 length stuff, no fox struts here. Anyway, I want the car lower, I still don't have CC plates, and i know that MM plates do help correct the bumpstop issue when lowering with sn95 struts, however i'm not sure whether i'll be blowing smoke by cutting the sports down where I want them and end up riding around on the bump stop of the struts. I drive the car everyday, and really would like a firm solid ride. I'm thinking I may have to change to fox struts, however If i go there then i'll probably throw on coil overs anyway. Not to sure what the best option is. I don't really want to go cutting a spring and having myself not happy with it, and trying to sell them while someone freaks out that I cut half a coil off. What do yall think?

GaryG

Reaction score
do u want the whole car lowered or just the front? im taking the spring isolators out on the front of mine hopefully next weekend, ive read it lowers the car 1/4" to 1/2"

if u decide to take the spring isolators out, u should put some tape or something on the top an bottom of the springs to avoid metal to metal contact

ReplicaR

Reaction score
You guys don't really believe that some puny electrical tape will keep the spring from rubbing right through it?

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
You guys don't really believe that some puny electrical tape will keep the spring from rubbing right through it?

Actually I don't have the lower ISO's in the front and rear. Using duct tape as my "ghetto" ISO. Ran it that way on both cars. No problems yet. I'm mainly talking about bringing the stance down some. I may change my mind once the wheels and body stuff is done. I'm mainly worried about loosing the ride lol

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
the spring doesn't really move once it's installed right, so there shouldn't be constant friction between the spring and tape. I figured it would just be the pressure.

OP
OP
Steven

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
yep. Duct tape worked fine for me. It's a much cheaper way to have some noise reduction if your ISO's are toast and your broke. Been there done that.

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
i think if you just want to lower it a lil bit then cut a coil off of the front, it should affect ride quality much at all just with one coil

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online