boxed ve tubular control arms????

94svtcobraftw

Reaction score
what are the main differences between boxed and tubular control arms, also what brands are good?

thanks, Mike

ReplicaR

Reaction score
What do you want to use them for?

I've read a long time ago that square tubing is stronger than round tubing, if you keep the wall thickness the same. Round tubing does take up less space however.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
If it?s street only, then it?s really up to you. Pretty much anything from any reputable company, such as Griggs Racing, Maximum Motorsports, UPR, D&D Racing, and others will work just fine. I don?t know about drag control arms, but most of the road race control arms are heavier than stock, just so you know.

95BlueStallion

Reaction score
Wow man, I just started a thread on this very subject over on Stangnet. I havent received many replies though. Im leaning toward tubular, as the inexpensive boxed ones seem like they would be thin metal... Thats probably just in my head though.

fixthedoor

Reaction score
I don't think it's a matter of boxed vs tubular, but a question of how it's formed and what materials are used; regarding strength. As far as the application goes, what type of bushings being used or should spherical bushings be used? I personally would not be concerned with the shape.

GearGambler

Reaction score
Maximum motorsports, Steeda, UMI performance makes some good lowers, BBK, baseline suspension, wolf racecraft

to name a few.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online