Subframe Connectors

CanaryGT

Reaction score
So I bought the MM Black Powder Coated Subframes and Im getting them welded in tomorrow. Will I really notice a difference?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
dono... i got the same ones sitting in my garage. lol! i havent noticed a difference, but mine are still in the box :p

fixthedoor

Reaction score
I noticed the difference when going over uneven surfaces. My car with sub-frames feels much more solid, like it is a unified structure. I have never routinely pushed my car to it's cornering limits so I have no basis for comparison there.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Oh yeah! You will notice! I put those on mine last year & it is one of the best mods I have done so far! So much more stable in the twisties...a rock solid feel to it now...I think it responds quicker to steering inputs by my seat of the pants feel...it does ride a bit stiffer over the bumps but you feel much more in control...The wife made one comment then forgot about it..hehe, I just kept quiet.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes, you wil lfeel the difference, like night and day.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah it's surprising how much nicer the car rides with subframe connectors. After a while you just take it for granted but at first you can really tell.

make sure they are welded with the car sitting on it's tires on a flat surface, too, and check the opening and closing of the doors before welding.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Well they are in. And All i Can say is holy mother of god. They make a HUGE difference! I cant even begin to explain!

Mustanger

Reaction score
Congrats! Glad you like them although there was no doubt in my mind...a really worthwhile mod! I think much safer too.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Yeah with more driving I notice something different every day. I really like how the car holds together more. To anyone who is thinking about doing the mod.... Just do it.... :tard:

joekd

Reaction score
I need to get these on my vert soon, I had a set of full length steedas that I sold when I got rid of my last GT, now I feel like an idiot for not holding onto them

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Glad you like the improvement. This is the first Mustang Ive had w/ SFC and it makes a world of difference.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I wanna do a Panhard bar as well. Anyone install one before?

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I didnt know it required a custom done up exhaust.... That kinda sucks... I mean, Do i just get mine cut off then a custom one fabbed for my car?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
whooho!

I have a guy in Scottsdale that can help you with any custom or fab stuff you might need.
let me know if you're looking.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Maybe. I think between the Koni Coilovers, The SFC and the Panhard Bar, my car should handle a little better :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online