Lowering my 97 gt with longtubes.

tangstang2009

Reaction score
I have a 97 gt with BBK longtube headers. It sits to high in the front and it needs to be lowered. I was wandering if anyone has any suggestions on what brands to use and how far I can lower it without having major clearence issues when im driving. I dont have a lot of clearence with those headers. I would rather just lower the front because the rear sits fine. Any input would be great. thanks.

Scarface

Reaction score
I had sportlines on my 97GT with LTs, I had no problems.

OP
OP
T

tangstang2009

Reaction score
Is there any cheaper way to lower just the front? Im trying to save a little money for some more serious mods and I really wanted to avoid having to buy a whole new kit. I think the most i need to lower it is about 3/4" to 1" at the most.

Scarface

Reaction score
you could cut the springs, however you will def get mixed feelings on this here from other members.

OP
OP
T

tangstang2009

Reaction score
Yeah I thought about doing that. I've heard both good and bad things that come from cutting them.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
good things from cutting the springs?

id jsut buy $100 springs from jegs... lol. thats what i did. BBK gripps (1.5" drop) and i love the look of the car. now that they are getting a little more broken in, im begining to like the driveability too..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Staff online

Members online