Lowering springs...

BlackCobra50

Reaction score

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I would not. First of all the spring rates are unknown, unless you want to call Summit and find out what the spring rates are. Secondly, for the same price you can definitely find a used set of H&R springs, or even buy new Ford Racing C springs or something. I sold my H&R Race springs which were on the car for like 6 months for 180 shipped, so I'm sure you can find a better deal than that on older springs. Springs like H&R don't go bad.

Progressive just means that the spring gets stiffer as it compresses. Good for a street car, where comfort matters, but not so good for a car that sees track, because of inconsistent grip.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^^ +1

if you're really stuck on $$, i got BBK Gripps... at least they told me the spring rate :p also progressive, and a 1.5" drop. they were cheap and they are defianantly going to be temporary... now that they are broken in, im actually quite pleased and shocked at the quality and performance of them.

I suggest getting new sway bar end links if you go 1.5" or lower.
I also suggest new caster camber plates if going lower than 1.5" (unless you dont care about tires... which, i know alot of people who dont. lol)
Also, get prothyane (sp?) isolators. they are cheep and easy to install... why not install them for the better ride quality?
finally, you may want to install new shocks/struts... depending on the spring rate you get and the condition of your current ones.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
Personally I wouldnt get used lowering springs. I havent heard of anyone using the summit brand, I would stick with the major names like HR and Eibach. When you drop it more then 1.5" your suppose to get new cc plates. I had the eibach prokit and it was a 1.5 drop, I never ran new cc plates and never noticed a negative side effect from it. If I went more then a 1.5" drop I would have. I did get new sway bar end links but didnt necessarily need them because the ones that were on there were fine. The isolaters were left in mine and didnt see a need for newer ones. Heres a pic of what mine looked like 5 months after it was dropped.
DSC04406.jpg

OP
OP
B

BlackCobra50

Reaction score
I called summit to get the spring rates for the summit springs:

Front: 456-571

Rear: 200-251

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
MustangChris said:
tire wear okay? just curious. :)
it was fine, no improper wear at all, its recommended to get the cc plates, but wasnt a necessity

DSTRBD

Reaction score
Just order a decent et you don't need all the other stuff unless your road racing... I'd stick to a brand name not Summit unless ypou are ordering other springs. Just ask a bunch of members what they have

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online