got my new rims

red94gt5.0

Reaction score
17X9's for front 17X10.5's for rear, i think im gonna have clearance issues, i put the 9's on the back and it was really tight, are yall running spacers? for those running 10.5s that is, its a 94 gt. i would love to do some 315's on the back :D just saw some on a notch and they looked sikk, gimme some input cuz im buying tires friday

95PGTTech

Reaction score
315/35/17. Have run Sumitomo in that size, BFG DR, and Nitto 555R. didn't need to roll fenders or bang out inner fenderwell (in fact the tires are still not flush with the fender...needs to be wider for my taste). just flipped the quad shocks. and I'm lowered 1.5"

OP
OP
R

red94gt5.0

Reaction score
that damn sure answers my question, what can i do to make it stick out a lil more, cuz i like the slightly outside the fenderwell look myself, whats flipping the quad shocks do?

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
red94gt5.0 said:
that damn sure answers my question, what can i do to make it stick out a lil more, cuz i like the slightly outside the fenderwell look myself, whats flipping the quad shocks do?

rearend010.jpg

see the shocks that goes side to side, from behind the rear of the brake dust shield to the body, unbolt it and flip it thats it.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
gives more clearance for the tire. if you don't flip it, you probably won't clear those new tires. the fat part of the strut sits right where the tire does. when you flip it now the skinny part is next to the tire

DSTRBD

Reaction score
Remember if its as issue just keep it off... what wheels did you get ?

OP
OP
R

red94gt5.0

Reaction score
black cobra r deep dishes for back and regular black cobra r 9's up front 10.5's in back, i wanna go crazy wide in rear to give it a mean staggered stance, 315's are going on rear but not sure what would match them up pretty well up front, need to know a front tire size, any input?

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Just a question, why wouldnt you just get rid of the Quad shock?

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but to properly get rid of the quad shock you must get some Aftermarket lower control arm... Or you will have some wheel hop back there..

GDawg

Reaction score
Some good information here...

I'm going to change over to a 10.5 rear wheel and then am looking at putting in some adjustable LCAs. Is there any benefit to replacing the UCAs?

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Ive heard that if you get good LCA there is no point in the UCA. In fact, I heard something about the binding issue between having the polyurethane Uppers and Lowers. And Yes I would just ditch the Quads and buy some good LCA's. Even if you had your Quads on with stock LCA's you would suffer wheel hop.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Silver281GT said:
Hey Javi do you have spacer on the rear??

No, i run 295's outback.

CanaryGT said:
Just a question, why wouldnt you just get rid of the Quad shock?
Silver281GT said:
Correct me if I am wrong but to properly get rid of the quad shock you must get some Aftermarket lower control arm... Or you will have some wheel hop back there..

yes.
Get some nice MMLCA's.

like so:

rearend037.jpg

CanaryGT said:
Ive heard that if you get good LCA there is no point in the UCA. In fact, I heard something about the binding issue between having the polyurethane Uppers and Lowers. And Yes I would just ditch the Quads and buy some good LCA's. Even if you had your Quads on with stock LCA's you would suffer wheel hop.
actually MM recommend FRPP UCA's the bushings are stiffer and improves handling, some other arms/design have bending issues.

GDawg said:
Some good information here...
I'm going to change over to a 10.5 rear wheel and then am looking at putting in some adjustable LCAs. Is there any benefit to replacing the UCAs?
depending on whats the offset on the rims, you might have to beat up the inner fender well.

OP
OP
R

red94gt5.0

Reaction score
ill post pics as soon i as i get em on car, tires are $$$$$$$ lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99