? for those using hubcentric wheel spacers.

ram360

Reaction score
So I bought some spacers to bolt on my 15x3 draglites and clear my 13" cobra brakes. Went w/ 1.25" hubcentric. Had to grind down my stock wheel studs slightly to sit flush w/ the spacer so no big deal there. However it doesn't sit snug over the hub. When I have the spacer bolted down I have a 1/16 gap around the entire hub so basically the spacer doesn't sit on the hub (I don't think that should be) since I thought the point was to have the weight of the car taken by the hub. Although it's a small gap it seems to me it's not serving any purpose since the spacer is not resting on the hub. Anyone else have spacers that fit like that or are these wrong? I'm only using these for when I got to the track but I shure as hell don't want my freakin wheels falling off. Here's what I got. :angry4:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Trans+Dapt/969/3607/10002/-1

Beard

Reaction score
I dunno about yours, but I got mine from ebay 5 years ago and they're fine. I'm sure any spacer you buy from jegs will be okay.

OP
OP
R

ram360

Reaction score
Beard said:
I dunno about yours, but I got mine from ebay 5 years ago and they're fine. I'm sure any spacer you buy from jegs will be okay.

yea, I know they aren't mustang specific or anything like that. I'd imagine most are a universal fit. I remember a few year back a kid w/ a mustang had the spacers break and lost his damn wheel on the highway so I just have that stuck in the back of my head. I'll be the first to admit, I absolutely hate the idea of running a spacer on any wheel. What sucks is that I already installed them so I'm stuck w/ them regardless and would hate to buy another set on top of already having these.

here's some pics

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

94 DropTop

Reaction score
doesnt that make your wheel stick out really far? Pics when you get it one please. Mine stick out and i just run a spacer to clear my stock brakes.

OP
OP
R

ram360

Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
doesnt that make your wheel stick out really far? Pics when you get it one please. Mine stick out and i just run a spacer to clear my stock brakes.

They do stick out but not too bad imo. I'll snap a pic tomorrow (need to pick up some different metric lugs) I'm only going to use them at the track so I'd be able to live w/ the crappy spacing as long as they stay on.

OP
OP
R

ram360

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I had those in 1.25" but my wheels stuck out too far, im just going to buy a 3/8" or 1/2" spacer and put on longer wheel studs.

did you use the same brand spacer matt? I just want to make sure these are right before I decide to race the car w/ them. It's at the most 1/8" gap around the hub (maybe even less).

GDawg

Reaction score
I have H&R 1" hubcentric spacers and they sit snug around the hub.

WildfireWheelSpacer.jpg

ArkansasMystic

Reaction score
Guys, I could be wrong, but from what I've been told those spacers in the ebay link ARE NOT hubcentric. I was told to be hubcentric they must have the lip on the outside. Take a look at these:
http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=169
See the lip on the outside? The ones on the ebay link don't (unless their pics aren't accurate). Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way it was explained to me. I've got a set identical to those in the ebay link but I'm scared to use them because I was told they are lug centric.

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
ram360 said:
So I bought some spacers to bolt on my 15x3 draglites and clear my 13" cobra brakes. Went w/ 1.25" hubcentric. Had to grind down my stock wheel studs slightly to sit flush w/ the spacer so no big deal there. However it doesn't sit snug over the hub. When I have the spacer bolted down I have a 1/16 gap around the entire hub so basically the spacer doesn't sit on the hub (I don't think that should be) since I thought the point was to have the weight of the car taken by the hub. Although it's a small gap it seems to me it's not serving any purpose since the spacer is not resting on the hub. Anyone else have spacers that fit like that or are these wrong? I'm only using these for when I got to the track but I shure as hell don't want my freakin wheels falling off. Here's what I got. :angry4:

so wait.... since you had to grind the lugs down, doesnt that mean u wont be able to get the rims on cause there wont be enough thread?

OP
OP
R

ram360

Reaction score
hmmm. mine aren't snug on the hub. I couldn't use the H&R w/ my draglites due to that lip, they are flat on the back. If the lip was there my wheel wouldn't sit flush.

OP
OP
R

ram360

Reaction score
95_5.0@15 said:
ram360 said:

so wait.... since you had to grind the lugs down, doesnt that mean u wont be able to get the rims on cause there wont be enough thread?

no, I got plenty of thread. I only had to grind off a small portion of the unthreaded end of the wheel stud so it would sit flush when my spacer was installed.

GDawg

Reaction score
ram360 said:
hmmm. mine aren't snug on the hub. I couldn't use the H&R w/ my draglites due to that lip, they are flat on the back. If the lip was there my wheel wouldn't sit flush.

Your hubs already stick out more than that, so I don't know why the H&R lip would interfere?

OP
OP
R

ram360

Reaction score
GDawg said:
ram360 said:

Your hubs already stick out more than that, so I don't know why the H&R lip would interfere?

I really couldn't say, the wheels hit my calipers long before they reached the hub.

OP
OP
R

ram360

Reaction score
bolted them on today and went for a drive. They seem fine up to 100mph so I'll guess they'll work out.

droptop here' the pic you wanted

DSC_0008-1.jpg

stunner

Reaction score

GaryG

Reaction score
stunner said:
1STOF3 said:
You should have listened to a post of mine I know you saw. Should have saved 1/2 your $ and bought these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120336886231&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:us

I don't know much, but I do know these work like a charm!!

i bought these from ebay and it fit perfect on my stang... is there any thing wrong with them?like breaking or my wheel falling off? this is the first time i use spacers

i bought these too...i dont have any complaints so far, i check to make sure the lugnuts r tight bout once a week

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online