New wheels centercap ?

Yellow94gt

Reaction score
I bought new wheels for my car about a month ago... They finally made them without rivets! :eek:ccasion14:

Wheelpics004.jpg

I ordered a set of plain cobra center caps for them from the same company (OE Wheels LLC) and they don't fit. They're bigger by like 1/16".
Has anyone else had this problem with OE's wheels? The guy at OE said and I quote... "They fit all of our wheels." But... he's wrong.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
You could always just sand it down a little bit. I am going to be hunting some Center Caps out soon for some 01 cobra polished wheels i am getting tomorrow.

OP
OP
Y

Yellow94gt

Reaction score
That's my last ditch effort, sanding them... but I wish they'd just popped in and out, especially with the hassle I've gone through... I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem with OE or if it was just because of the new wheel or what...

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Center caps suck, i was going to use some OEM Cobra center caps on my saleens but they're too big, i was like wtf!

DSTRBD

Reaction score
Send them back ! It seems to be a regular with these A$$hats... go figure a nice penny and can't get the caps right !

OP
OP
Y

Yellow94gt

Reaction score
I talked to them and they told me I had to grind an 1/8" off all the way around to get them to fit, and they sent me some of my money back. Oh well... guess I have a little sander work ahead of me. Btw, wouldn't recommend OE wheels again... their customer service is horrible.

AUTOBAHN

Reaction score
I didn't use thier center caps either. I found a set of Ford Explorer caps on Ebay really cheap, and they fit perfect. I wanted the Ford Oval on mine.

today3.jpg

Mike

kingcato

Reaction score
Vendetta94gt said:
I bought new wheels for my car about a month ago... They finally made them without rivets! :eek:ccasion14:

Wheelpics004.jpg

I ordered a set of plain cobra center caps for them from the same company (OE Wheels LLC) and they don't fit. They're bigger by like 1/16".
Has anyone else had this problem with OE's wheels? The guy at OE said and I quote... "They fit all of our wheels." But... he's wrong.

where did you get those, because I have been looking for them and can not find them

OP
OP
Y

Yellow94gt

Reaction score
AUTOBAHN said:
I didn't use thier center caps either. I found a set of Ford Explorer caps on Ebay really cheap, and they fit perfect. I wanted the Ford Oval on mine.

today3.jpg

Mike

Holy crap those match great! What year are those off of?

AUTOBAHN

Reaction score
Vendetta94gt said:
AUTOBAHN said:

today3.jpg

Mike

Holy crap those match great! What year are those off of?

Don't know what year. The guy's Ebay name is "centercapsusa".
I got them for like $16. Real Ford OEM part.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online