sportline question

josh0092002

Reaction score
iam planning on getting sportline springs, an wanted to know other than cc plates what else is completely necessary for getting the car dropped an aliened??

OP
OP
J

josh0092002

Reaction score
well i just replaced the shockes with oems last year. will they not work if i get the sportline kit???

Magic

Reaction score
Offset steering rack bushings

Spring Isolators

Both are made by Energy Suspension and available at your local speed shop, or favorite online mail order website.

OP
OP
J

josh0092002

Reaction score
so all i really need just to make em work is the springs, cc plates, an Offset steering rack bushings???? is that all???

Magic

Reaction score
josh0092002 said:
so all i really need just to make em work is the springs, cc plates, an Offset steering rack bushings???? is that all???
thats about it

OP
OP
J

josh0092002

Reaction score
so whats with the bump steerkit, an the x2 ball joints, they are not necessary?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
You don't need struts but the stock ones are going to wear out fast with that drop and the car is not going to ride well with the oem ones. Usually the 3 basics for lowering are springs, struts/shocks and CC plates. Bumpsteer kit is a good idea as well as the X2 ball joints, but the 3 basics come first.

OP
OP
J

josh0092002

Reaction score
ok well my cash wont go that far lol. so what about the pro kit, i guess ill still have to get the cc plates? but will my stock shocks work or would i still have to change those out? anyone got any pics of the prokit on their car. so far believe ive only seen sportlines, an super sport springs like that.

Yellow94gt

Reaction score
You don't HAVE to get CC plates, nor do you HAVE to get struts. You can drop it with just the springs and it will be fine. BUT... the alignment will be off and you will eat front tires with a drop as big as sportlines... if that doesn't bother you, skip em. And it will ride a little rougher with OEM struts, but they will work just fine. My .02

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I still think with a lowered drop the stock struts are going to wear out faster, they aren't made to control the car at the lower right height.

Yellow94gt

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
I still think with a lowered drop the stock struts are going to wear out faster, they aren't made to control the car at the lower right height.

I don't doubt that... but you don't have to replace them to put the drop on the car right away.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Trust Me, and DO NOT get offset rack bushings

OP
OP
J

josh0092002

Reaction score
ok u guys i just got some bad news today, i have to have some head work done, so what is in you guys opinion to be the best an cheapest way to lower my car, be it sportline, or now iam having thoughts of the prokit, just scared i wont like the drop. but hell anything is better than stock height lol oh yeah whats wrong with the offset bushings????

Yellow94gt

Reaction score
josh0092002 said:
ok u guys i just got some bad news today, i have to have some head work done, so what is in you guys opinion to be the best an cheapest way to lower my car, be it sportline, or now iam having thoughts of the prokit, just scared i wont like the drop. but hell anything is better than stock height lol oh yeah whats wrong with the offset bushings????

Sorry to hear that... what happened to the heads? The cheapest way is to find a good set of used springs somewhere and do it yourself.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Vendetta94gt said:
OnyxCobra said:
True, you also don't need lowering springs, just cut the stockers...

Seen a few people have bad experiences with that...

Yeah of course, but since we're splitting hairs I've seen people have bad experience by just installing springs too... so if you want to drop the car and you want to do it cheap you might as well do it cheap lol.

OP
OP
J

josh0092002

Reaction score
well when i say cheap i mean for the lowest price i can get the parts, not crappy parts an/or a crapppy install. just looking for the best way to drop the car with the least parts. hell maybe iam just wording it all wrong lol. an as to answer whats wrong with my heads iam not sure as of yet i just dropped the car off at the shop, cause i had a really bad clicking noise coming from the drivers side. so i would just have to guess its a valve issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online