Does anyone know the real Difference in a 03 GT Caliper and a 03 Cobra Caliper

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I know that they Say Cobra on them But i can't find anything that says there Specs are different ??? It seems like it is only looks. Am i right on this?

Magic

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
Cobras use 13" rotors, and i didn't think the GT calipers were dual piston are they?

The 99up GT (dont know about the V6 cars) had a 2 piston caliper...was a PBR caliper as the Cobra/Bullitt/Mach 1 were, but different in appearance and made for the smaller diameter rotor of the GT.

A popular inexpensive upgrade for the 94-98 cars is the 99up GT calipers...

Pic of the 99up GT caliper
164839-01.jpg

OP
OP
W

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah i think the only difference is the rotor size and the mounting bracket on the hub. The 99-04 Came with a PBR Dual Piston. I was just wondering about the Caliper itself.

OP
OP
W

Win

Legend
Reaction score
95convgt said:
I know that they Say Cobra on them But i can't find anything that says there Specs are different ??? It seems like it is only looks. Am i right on this?

95convgt said:
Yeah i think the only difference is the rotor size and the mounting bracket on the hub. The 99-04 Came with a PBR Dual Piston. I was just wondering about the Caliper itself.

I guess i misworded myself sorry it's getting late. But in terms of stopping power i think they will have the same Force.

The mounting location on the Caliper itself are different. The caliper brackets itself are different. Then also the location of the Spindle mounting points. I was looking in the means of Stopping power. I know a 13" rotor is going to disipate heat better due to the larger size but i think the caliper itself will still apply the same force.

Magic

Reaction score
95convgt said:
95convgt said:

95convgt said:

I guess i misworded myself sorry it's getting late. But in terms of stopping power i think they will have the same Force.

The mounting location on the Caliper itself are different. The caliper brackets itself are different. Then also the location of the Spindle mounting points. I was looking in the means of Stopping power. I know a 13" rotor is going to disipate heat better due to the larger size but i think the caliper itself will still apply the same force.

I removed my other post...

As far as stopping power...
A Mach 1 had a 60-0 MPH brake distance of 120ft
and a Mustang GT had a braking distance of 135 ft

According to http://www.modernracer.com/mustanggt.html and http://www.modernracer.com/features/factorytunedcars2.html

So I guess the rotor size helps...then again the Mach 1 also had larger rear vented rotors too..

Flar

Reaction score
I believe the pistons are larger on the cobra PBR caliper aswell.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online