Are Steeda X2 ball joints worth it??

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys i need to replace my ball joints well one but as always you should do both at the same time. So are the X2's really that much better then a MOOG replacement??

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
honestly I would take and purchase the 03/04 cobra a-arms which comes with upgraded ball joints and improves steering radius in our cars. That way you do not have to worry about changing bushings in the future or having to do it again in the future.

Ciotti

Reaction score
The Steeda x2's are great especially if you are lowered, anything you can do to get the a arms back closer to perpendicular is well worth the time and effort spent. Also, if you want your front end a bit lower, you can not use the spring spacers the x2's come with and they will actually drop the front down by about a half an inch. I left the spring spacer it comes with out and went with full poly iso's top and bottom which ride oh so nice!

Also, for the record the terminator a arms don't actually give us any more steering angle as our tires will rub on the sway bar long before they rub on the part of the a arm that was redesigned. But, they do have very nice higher durometer (stiffer) rubber bushings in them that will give much better steering feel and help with tramlining if you have fat front tires like I do :)

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just keep in mind the 03 A arms raise the front suspension up, i installed them with the X2 balljoints without the spacers and I think i came pretty close to breaking even on ride height.

I thought the 03 A arms allowed more room for 9" front wheels for turning, no?

Ciotti

Reaction score
They do if you're not running a front sway bar

Ciotti

Reaction score
If you go to 275 it will probably start rubbing just a little bit at full lock, god it's sad that I know that :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online